VOGONS

Alt gets stuck

Topic actions

First post, by rambo919

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Running Linux Mint

Sometimes it does not happen but mostly as soon as I press alt+enter for fullscreen the alt gets stuck and then every time I press enter the screen mode changes.

Reply 1 of 8, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, clean your keyboard?

My YouTube Channel

Reply 2 of 8, by Harekiet

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It usually helps to just press and release alt again after you've gone fullscreen.

Reply 3 of 8, by rambo919

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't mean physically...
It gets "stickey" as in it keeps being pressed whether I do it myself or not.

Reply 4 of 8, by Evert

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Could be a faulty PS2/USB connection or your key switches don't get released after you press them. I'd open the keyboard up and have a look at it (maybe even deep clean it). Otherwise, if it's not an expensive keyboard, just buy a new one.

sigpic2689_1.gif

Reply 6 of 8, by rambo919

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Probably a SDL issue, I saw last night it happens with the right alt key but not the left... No physically the alt key is fine it's just dosbox that it happens in.

Reply 8 of 8, by NY00123

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know there's been a problem in Ubuntu with Unity where at least one of the Alt keys may be used for the HUD. However, as of Ubuntu 14.04, even if this is not a problem, Alt can still not be used all the time.

It can, however, be used once the mouse cursor gets locked (which, by default, can be done using the Ctrl+F10 key-combo). If the mouse cursor is not locked then for some reason Alt key press events aren't sent, although key *release* events are (at least when I last investigated that).