Reply 60 of 213, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TELEPACMAN wrote:
y2k se wrote:

InWin A500.

Hey, have one of those! Above the average wouldn't you say? The sliding motherboard tray!

Ah yes the inwin a500. That's a legendary case. I had one of those back in the day and could not find one since. Originally I was planning to have all my post socket 7 builds using that case exclusively but the supply of those just dried up around here. That one looks to be in great shape.

Reply 61 of 213, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TELEPACMAN wrote:
y2k se wrote:
InWin A500. […]
Show full quote

InWin A500.

hdAnOWol.jpg
DLPvAuKl.jpg

Hey, have one of those! Above the average wouldn't you say? The sliding motherboard tray!

I'm using the big brother to that as my main computer tower! 🤣

s2000016_v01_by_mad_king_corduroy-d9c6pdu.jpg

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 62 of 213, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does this count?

EDIT: this post originally contained photos of a sweet indigo iMac, hosted on a certain site that likened itself to a bucket. When said site killed image hosting all the pics went down & were replaced with their own stupid advertising banners. I'm removing those to stop giving them anymore exposure, although I expect everyone knows full-well who they were.

Certainly retro these days, but I love the design... Saved it from the side of the road, should probably go in the garbage-find thread. I have some beige towers too but mine are not very interesting.

Last edited by xjas on 2018-03-02, 00:05. Edited 1 time in total.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 63 of 213, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nice I have the Strawberry one and the original Bondi Blue. Cool machines.

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 64 of 213, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've never had any interest in Macs but those original iMacs are just stunning. I watched Jobs' launch preso for them the other day; he whips through the technical blah blah in quick time and the it's all "how cool does this thing look?".

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 65 of 213, by Sutekh94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I always did like the look of the G3 iMacs, especially the slot-load models. Used to have a blueberry iMac that died, a grape iMac that I sold, and a snow slot-loader iMac that I still have in storage.

That one vintage computer enthusiast brony.
My YouTube | My DeviantArt

Reply 66 of 213, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:
TELEPACMAN wrote:
y2k se wrote:

InWin A500.

I'm using the big brother to that as my main computer tower! 🤣

Awesome! Even better. I used to drool over the full tower version because I couldn't afford it. It's such a well made case for that time.

Reply 67 of 213, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome iMac! The iMac design is great and the colours are so vivid, I love it.

I remember buying a second-hand G3 Slot-Load Indigo iMac exactly like that one for my mum when I was at university. Installed OSX Panther on it (or was it Tiger?) and it was a great little machine.

EDIT - Actually, I'm really sad that I had to sell my G4 Cube when I moved from Aus to Germany. I was using it as a server at the time, and it was such a gorgeous little box which ran completely silently. They're worth a pretty penny today too 😒

Reply 68 of 213, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
dexter311 wrote:

Awesome iMac! The iMac design is great and the colours are so vivid, I love it.

I remember buying a second-hand G3 Slot-Load Indigo iMac exactly like that one for my mum when I was at university. Installed OSX Panther on it (or was it Tiger?) and it was a great little machine.

EDIT - Actually, I'm really sad that I had to sell my G4 Cube when I moved from Aus to Germany. I was using it as a server at the time, and it was such a gorgeous little box which ran completely silently. They're worth a pretty penny today too 😒

^^ I was looking for a G4 Cube to run some OS9 apps but this fell into my lap instead. After playing around with it some I realized I don't really like OS9 much. 😜 And with my G5 towers handling Leopard duties, now I'm wondering if I should bother finding a Cube at all as I don't think one will do anything usefully different for me. They certainly look cool though!

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 69 of 213, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here are some of my cases I recently cleaned. Some still need some retrobright to get them looking how I want. Most are ready for fresh builds.

Attachments

• 20151016_231806.jpg
    Filename
    20151016_231806.jpg
    File size
    255.91 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • 20151016_231754.jpg
    Filename
    20151016_231754.jpg
    File size
    292.27 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 20151016_231749.jpg
    Filename
    20151016_231749.jpg
    File size
    305.89 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 20151016_231744.jpg
    Filename
    20151016_231744.jpg
    File size
    273.72 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 20151016_231726.jpg
    Filename
    20151016_231726.jpg
    File size
    280.78 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 70 of 213, by creepingnet

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's some that I've had before I post what I have now.....

My #1 Favorite Vintage Case I ever had was a Compaq Deskpro 8086/80286/80386 clone that belonged to a GEM Computer Products 386 I had. I'm still looking for more like this. Might re-comb the thrifts in Alabama next year to see if I can kick more up.
af9c.jpg~320x480

I also had the Deskpros as well - a 286, and a 386. The 286 was ruined by rain, the 386 I sold on E-bay before moving to Washington, I MISS that computer. I kept the 286 on a wobbly table for a short while - every time the Seagate ST-251 read or wrote to the drive the table would start "dancing" - 🤣!
compaqdeskpro286running2004.jpg
attachment.php?attachmentid=2478&d=1227504996

Now for What I CURRENTLY have that's retro
The top computer is my Tandy 1000A of course, below it is a New-Old-Stock Case I bought from a California warehouse surplus company in 2005. It's branded "Songcheer" and it's an XT form factor case with a 150 Watt PSU. It's home to my current 486 retro-gaming rig and retro-game Dev machine.
attachment.php?attachmentid=23875&d=1429814098

Below is the GEM Computer Products 286 I have, which uses what I think might be a SongCheer AT clone case - it has some similar features to the Songcheer XT case above, though the GEM is steel, the Songcheer is aluminum. Yes, I like GEM Computer Products a lot, it seems they used cool cases up until the 90's - especially that first one.
attachment.php?attachmentid=2507&d=1228168781

~The Creeping Network~
My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/creepingnet
Creepingnet's World - https://creepingnet.neocities.org/
The Creeping Network Repo - https://www.geocities.ws/creepingnet2019/

Reply 71 of 213, by Logistics

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I looked up the retrobright stuff and noticed that the parts do yellow, again after some years. I would highly suggest that after a full go of retrobright that one uses something like Meguiars #40, which I believe should keep it from yellowing, again. Or you could probably wax the surface to keep it nice.

Reply 72 of 213, by pcwizard7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
JayCeeBee64 wrote:
Here are some new pics of the Enermax case: […]
Show full quote

Here are some new pics of the Enermax case:

OWUq5DDm.png BrijR98m.png WlzOi5am.png

I m trying to find a retro case made in early 2000s that has blue stripes on front sides like this one above but is smooth all the way down the front. it has power button with 3 led lights and third (right) led is also the reset button

if you could find it i be very grateful

thanks in advance

Reply 73 of 213, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This is my case. I got it from a hospital and it doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is very heavy and built like a brick.
IMG_20180302_001630-768x576.jpg

The top can be slid off and then you can remove the sidepanels with an easy handle at the top. No messing around with screws.
It's got a special place for a back fan and since it rises a bit from the ground, there are no dustballs inside.
IMG_20180302_001927-768x1024.jpg

The coolest feature are freely adjustable motherboard standoffs. I think this case can be converted to work with various board types. ATX, BTX or some server boards with bigger width.
IMG_20180302_002001-768x1024.jpg

The ring around the power button glows in a medical green, it's very pleasing to my eyes. <3
IMG_20180302_001706-768x1024.jpg

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 74 of 213, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey what a great idea for a thread!

I'm restoring a couple of AT flip top beauties ATM, I'll post them here once done.

Reply 76 of 213, by sonicsleep

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
badmojo wrote:
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g330/rjheard/IMG_5121_zps134306a4.jpg […]
Show full quote

IMG_5121_zps134306a4.jpg

I miss this case so much. It was my first PC. Aren't the buttons on it SO satisfying? I don't think it's just nostalgia, look at that fucking beast! That enormous springy power button, those glossy smooth little buttons, ready for ur reset needs. I occasionally check ebay looking for this case hoping one day to buy it. My one got rained on during a move and rusted to bits, I NEVER GOT TO SAY GOODBYE.

Reply 77 of 213, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yep that was a nice one - I gave it away a while back though. I gave that monitor away too actually!

Good luck in your search - there's been quote a few decent AT cases on eBay Australia lately but finding a specific model is pot luck.

Reply 78 of 213, by seanneko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
badmojo wrote:
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g330/rjheard/286/IMG_4465_zps3ccacd4d.jpg […]
Show full quote

IMG_4465_zps3ccacd4d.jpg

My first computer was in this exact case. Even the 5.25" floppy drive looks the same - somehow I remember the shape of the LED and lever. It must have come with the case. I'd love to buy another one some day, but as you say, finding a specific model is just a matter of time and luck.

Reply 79 of 213, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes there's definitely patience required to track down the right case, and the chances of it being in good condition when it does appear are slim. I've come across 2 of those cases in the last 10 years or so - the other had a MHz display I think.

Here are a few other flip tops I've been bringing back to life recently:

P1030694.jpg

P1030648.jpg

P1030698.jpg

Last edited by badmojo on 2019-05-16, 21:43. Edited 1 time in total.