VOGONS

Common searches

Mouse copy/paste support

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 151, by truth_deleted

User metadata

I entirely agree. I updated the above post with a suggestion to compile the SDL library + SDL_Clipboard in OSX. It would require a custom SDL build which is far from an ideal approach.

Given that the OSX system clipboard is mainly accessible by objective-C, and dosbox is in C++, it seems that the pdcurses/SDL approach is the best solution at this time.

Reply 101 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually, it is probably not that bad or "unideal" however. Somehow I have already found a solution for real clipboard copy/paste in OS X by now, which does not only work inside of DOSBox but also outside DOSBox. It combines pdcurses and SDL_Clipboard, with the latter only defined if the system is OS X so that it will be used for communication with the OS X system clipboard directly. The usage is actually very simple: just link to the SDL_Clipboard OS X binary for your arch (i386 or x86-64) when compiling DOSBox (with the updated source file) as you would do with libpdcurses.a, and then DOSBox will be able to able to use OS X system clipboard directly. I have tested it myself and confirmed it will work (put the SDL_Clipboard file in the same directory as the dosbox executable).

Attached is the updated sdlmain.cpp and SDL_Clipboard x86-64 OS X binary. Also the SDL_Clipboard.h header file (put in the include directory when compiling DOSBox).

Attachments

• Filename
    SDL_Clipboard.h
    File size
    2.6 KiB
    Downloads
    66 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    sdlmain.cpp
    File size
    66.4 KiB
    Downloads
    76 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    SDL_Clipboard.zip
    File size
    3.97 KiB
    Downloads
    68 downloads
    File license

Reply 103 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just want to mention that the Windows binary package now includes both a documentation file README.TXT and the 256KEYS.COM program in order to be more convenient for users. The README.TXT file provides information such as features and settings of both the LFN and the mouse copy/paste features, and the 256KEYS.COM file is automatically loaded in dosbox.conf to expand the default BIOS keyboard buffer to 256. I have also attached an updated mouse.cpp source file which will remove any trailing spaces during mouse selection and copy (the Windows binary has now incorporated this functionality too).

The link for the latest Windows binary package (along with all required DLLs, zipped) as mentioned above:
http://bit.ly/12jANWF

And the updated mouse.cpp source file:

Attachments

• Filename
    mouse.cpp
    File size
    32.85 KiB
    Downloads
    82 downloads
    File license

Reply 104 of 151, by oldpaddler

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am not technically literate on this stuff. My DOS application is not a game but works perfectly, including its own mouse function, in DOSBox. It would be nice to copy & paste to the OS like I could in WinXP.

I installed DOSBox from http://bit.ly/12jANWF and created a shortcut to it. the target is "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-new\dosbox.exe" -noconsole "c:\dosfils1\qpro\q.exe". The [autoexec] is mount d c:\dosfils1, d:, d:\qpro\Q.exe, exit

I can copy the contents of Win7 clipboard into the application in DOSBox but the display is too compressed to be useful. None of the [sdl] settings make any difference to the display. However with DOSBox-0.74 plus [sdl] settings windowresolution=1280x720 & output=ddraw the display is larger & usable

Anything stored in the Win7 clipboard can be pasted (up to 15 characters) into the application in DOSBox with ALT-F10 - no matter what value is entered into the clipboardmodifier. Right click does nothing.

I don't know how to copy to the Win7 clipboard while in DOSBox.

Any suggestions?

Reply 107 of 151, by aljardet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does this copy/paste support work into or out of the DOS window? I see the drop down menu with the edit option when I click on the frame of the status window. When I try the same on the frame of the DOS window, where I execute my programs, the drop down does not show the edit option.

Reply 110 of 151, by aljardet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After further testing, vDOS does not do what I need it to do. Compatibility in DOSBox was excellent. There are several things that don't work in vDOS. The only thing missing for me in DOSBox was copy/paste into and out of the DOSBox main window. Really copying from the DOSBox window out to notepad for example. Is there a way to do that from DOSBox?

Reply 111 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
aljardet wrote:

After further testing, vDOS does not do what I need it to do. Compatibility in DOSBox was excellent. There are several things that don't work in vDOS. The only thing missing for me in DOSBox was copy/paste into and out of the DOSBox main window. Really copying from the DOSBox window out to notepad for example. Is there a way to do that from DOSBox?

I think you can do so using this DOSBox build with mouse copy/paste support. There is obviously no drop down menu with the edit option, but you can use the right mouse button to do the copy and paste. This is the way it is designed to work.

Reply 112 of 151, by aljardet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I finally got back to this and did figure out how to make it work. It does do exactly what I need! Will this always be a separate build or might these features be incorporated into the main builds? I'm looking for a version number for this so I can be sure I have the right version. I don't see any identifier. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help and I am so glad this works!

Reply 113 of 151, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
aljardet wrote:

I finally got back to this and did figure out how to make it work. It does do exactly what I need! Will this always be a separate build or might these features be incorporated into the main builds?

As it has nothing to do with games, it is very unlikely that it will end up in the official DOSBox 0.75 if it is ever released. It might end up in the Daum build, but I kind of doubt it.

Reply 115 of 151, by Wengier

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
aljardet wrote:

Why is the file size smaller than the main build? Are there things that you had to take out?

No, nothing is taken out, really. I only added features, and did not take out any existing features. The size is smaller probably due to optimization during building process, etc.

Reply 117 of 151, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zaqu75 wrote:

Thank you, Wengier, for your great job, but when I try to open the exe it gets an error which says "MSVCP140.dll is missing". Why is this issue happening and how can I fix it?

Do you even try to add MSVCP140.dll to the folder with this build of DOSBox?

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 119 of 151, by Zaqu75

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now my DosBox is able to run...

collector wrote:
Zaqu75 wrote:

Thank you, Wengier, for your great job, but when I try to open the exe it gets an error which says "MSVCP140.dll is missing". Why is this issue happening and how can I fix it?

Do you even try to add MSVCP140.dll to the folder with this build of DOSBox?

But I think that two additional files, which I mentioned above (msvcp140.dll, vcruntime140.dll), should be added to the link for the latest Windows binary package (along with all required DLLs, zipped)...