VOGONS

Reply 220 of 280, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can attempt to remove the external audio API calls from the driver and use BASS's own sound output method, which I can also combine with their BASSWASAPI driver, as an option.

The real problem is that I do all of my Windows development with a remote machine now, as I primarily run OS X on my iMac and MacBook Pro machines. I still have my previous Windows desktop, but it is devoid of any development software at this time.

Reply 223 of 280, by autoexecdotbat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hello, I am having a problem with basmidi, when using it the midi volume is very quiet, almost inaudible. this is affecting mainly the 7th level games (tested with great word adventure)

to win the game you must defeat coppa!
http://chng.it/DNc2L8LvLJ

Reply 226 of 280, by Tarvis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On second thought, the new version seems to have trouble loading samples, there's about a 50% chance that all instruments except for percussion will become the #0 Grand Piano sample, even if loaded or changed after a reset.

I noticed that when this happens, a very small segment of the beginning of the correct instrument will play (probably .05 seconds or less) and then cut off, and then all further notes will play as the piano instrument.

There's also a tiny pause when new instruments are introduced (whether they all load as piano or not, in fact it might be the same length of time as the above phenomenon), no matter if the preload setting is used, where previous versions did not.

Reply 228 of 280, by Tarvis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The issues, especially where all instruments are piano happens regardless of that setting. Any soundfont, any application. Any time on device open or after a reset there is about a 50% or 25% chance all instruments will load as piano, other than percussion. I don't mean when there's a reset while a song playing, I mean at any playback is started, even if instruments change well later.

If the instruments all load as piano, the loading delay happens regardless of the preload setting.

This has only started in this latest version, it has never happened before. I'll try ensuring it installs completely from scratch just in case to be sure.

Last edited by Tarvis on 2016-02-01, 03:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 229 of 280, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well, I have yet to reproduce that issue. I haven't changed anything with how BASSMIDI itself works, other than updating it to a newer version, and that update took place several months ago.

Reply 236 of 280, by Tarvis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The "sometimes all samples are piano" issue also happens on my laptop.

I see in the source the latest version alters some code involving critical sections. I can only assume that since the behavior is inconsistent there is some kind of race condition or threading issue going on. That's were I'd look.

Reply 239 of 280, by Enverex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BASSMIDI seems to work generally fine for me (as I use it for MIDI in Foobar) but I do have one issue - I can't open the configuration program. If I try (even as admin) nothing happens. I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no change. Double clicking the executable seems to do something for a moment but nothing ever appears or opens.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is Windows 10.

Last edited by Enverex on 2016-02-11, 17:08. Edited 1 time in total.