VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 42 of 53, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

290.000$ now, they'll make it, I'm sure of it!

Lets hope nobody trolls them. It has happened before. One of the big backers pulls out minutes before the timer and it goes below the target,

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 43 of 53, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dang. Well, it's sitting right below 302.000$ right now and only an hour and a half left, hopefully no one backs out, this looks like something I'd love to play, very very similar to the classic ones.

Reply 44 of 53, by laxdragon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

They pulled it off! With about a hour to spare they crossed the 300K mark.

laxDRAGON.com | My Game Collection | My Computers | YouTube

Reply 45 of 53, by Api

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

$306,526

Three days ago I was sure it's not gonna happen but it did. Thanks to everyone. Let's hope it'll end up being a worthy sequel to classics.

IntelSE440BX-2 256MB PII-300 Rage128 Voodoo2 SLI Vortex2 SB32 Win98SE
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe 1GB Athlon XP2400+/XP3000+ Radeon 9600XT
FIC PT-2000 P120 Matrox Millennium 2MB Orchid Righteous 3d

Reply 46 of 53, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Great news... I liked the D1 and D2 a lot. 😀

I didn't participate for the lack of funds but all good in the end 😊

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 47 of 53, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote:

Suck it, "responsible financial decisions." Nobody asked for your opinion.

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 7.53.46 PM.png

Well, I am glad they made it, but try not to be getting personal. It calls a free speech around here where I live. Yes, I still think that it's retarded to offer a Collector's Edition for $500 while other video game developers offer a Collector's Edition between $100 and $200.

Reply 48 of 53, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Uhhhhh... I wasn't addressing you up there. If it wasn't obvious, my posting was tongue-in-cheek, directed at myself.

FWIW I knew a lot of the dev team behind this from email & early forums back in the day, and I have enormous respect for them as designers and developers. I wasn't so much "buying a game" as helping some old friends start their business. I wouldn't expect everyone to plonk down two bills for this thing.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 49 of 53, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dreamer_of_the_past wrote:

Yes, I still think that it's retarded to offer a Collector's Edition for $500 while other video game developers offer a Collector's Edition between $100 and $200.

You're just not buying the game, but also help funding it. Same goes for Star Citizen were they charged several hundred dollars to buy ships you can acquire in-game.

Reply 50 of 53, by Dreamer_of_the_past

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote:

Yes, I still think that it's retarded to offer a Collector's Edition for $500 while other video game developers offer a Collector's Edition between $100 and $200.

You're just not buying the game, but also help funding it. Same goes for Star Citizen were they charged several hundred dollars to buy ships you can acquire in-game.

Yes, I understand that, Vetz. I meant they could probably get more supporters and money by adding an option to buy unsigned Collector's Edition let's say priced at $200. Collector's Editions priced at $150-250 sell like hotcakes. For instance, I collect PC video games and I don't buy regular boxed copies if there is a Collector's Edition exists.

Reply 51 of 53, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

Yes, I understand that, Vetz. I meant they could probably get more supporters and money by adding an option to buy unsigned Collector's Edition let's say priced at $200. Collector's Editions priced at $150-250 sell like hotcakes. For instance, I collect PC video games and I don't buy regular boxed copies if there is a Collector's Edition exists.

I see what you mean, and I agree. People love their collection editions 😀