VDMSound 2.1.0 PUBLIC BETA

Topic actions

Reply 124 of 165, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Anonymous wrote:

Could someone tell me why I get the error message saying I have to be an administrator? I am not on a network or at school so please explain this. THANK YOU!

a) You are using Windows 9x, Windows ME - VDMSound does not support them (there is an alpha version for W9x in another thread)

b) You are not administrator! Administrator does not mean network administrator - every computer using WXP or similar systems have one or more administrator accounts (with max. access rights on everything).

Mirek

Reply 125 of 165, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if this is possible, could the VESA support be completed?
This would providing support for a goup of old games that require the VESA (because people don't have those old video cards).
-- MindBender --

Well, problem with VESA isn't something that can be done through VDMSound. The utility that fixes 2K/XP's problem with VESA access to video cards can be fixed with another utility: http://www.nomissoft.com/newsflash.html

This could probably be included with VDMSound.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 128 of 165, by Guest

User metadata

Excellent after years of giving up with Azrael Tear, no config would work with the new PC, several times trying setting up VDMsound and DOSBox, just by chance I ran the game on default mode via a .bat file, BINGO! The game is faster than ever and plays bug free except for a few audio skips once in a while is quite better now than the slide show in DosBox which I used to setup the sound. They are both needed anyways one way or another.

A Happy Customer.
Frank.

Uh ok the PC specs are P4 2.8GHz running with HT disabled for the time being.
With a on board 5.1 sound by Realtek. And a FX5200 and 512MB of system RAM.

Reply 133 of 165, by Guest

User metadata

Hi,

When I try to run a DOS version of M.A.M.E. in WinXP Pro SP2 as a .bat-file I get the following errors:

First of all, I get a pop-up that says "FATAL ERROR" & "Unhandled exception encountered while loading".

Then, after clicking on 'Ok' I get (in the command window):

"Exciting due to SIGSEGV
General Protection Fault at eip=00435943... etc.

The lines end with:

Call frame traceback EIPs:
0x00435943
0x0040e35d

I do know that there are working Windows versions of M.A.M.E. out there, but believe me, I have my reasons for wanting to run this old DOS one.

FYI, I did have a previous installation that I manually uninstalled before installing 2.1.0.

I did try DOSBOX as well, but it was way too slow.
Emph

Reply 136 of 165, by Guest

User metadata

I have a problem with the joystick emulation of this program.

I have a 10 buttons Microsoft SideWinder digital gamepad, plugged on the joystick port of my PC (my pad is not USB).

I use VDMSound with the default settings to launch a Beats of Rage MOD, running under DOS obviously (I have Windows XP), so that the soundcard is correctly emulated and my gamepad detected. The sound is then perfect, but for my gamepad, only the directions and 2 buttons (A and B) are detected !

Then I looked in the joystick options of VDMSound and I chose joy1.map instead of the default joy2.map (joy3.map produces an error for me). This time, the game detects 2 more buttons (C and X), so 4 total, but still not the 10 buttons.

Is there a way to get all 10 buttons to work ? Why do I get an error when I try joy3.map ?

Thanks for your help !