VOGONS

Supported games

Topic actions

First post, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fabio, did you ever have a list of supported games? Maybe if we published a list of what used to work then people might test some of them.

And it would be good to have a list of games that we can potentially support.

Reply 1 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have indeed planned for the oGLi (heh, say that out loud and it sounds like "ugly", but oh well, it looks cool and isn't conflicting with GLi or OGL. 😜) website to have a compatibility list on it. Here are some steps I'm thinking of as far as getting this compiled:

1. Find a list of every Glide game ever made
  2. Begin testing all Glide games available, noting:
    • average framerate (dependent on video card, of course, needs further collaboration)
    • visual quality (perhaps a bit too subjective?)
    • graphical anomalies
    • version of oGLi used
    • video card used (and bus/memory speeds?)
    • version of video card drivers
    • version of OGL drivers
    • a quick overall rating "perfect!, almost perfect, okay, bad, doesn't run"
    • of course, other notes (eg. specific actions that cause problems, specific graphical anomalies (like the cursor in RB3D), errors, etc.)
  3. Compile it all into a pseudo-Vlad's Compatibility Database thing (leaner).

Hopefully my ideas are legible. 😜
(Sorry about the weird format of the third ordered list item, it's all vBulletin's fault. 😁)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 31, by GoldFinger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hummm, great idea, I used to run Unreal Tournament (almost perfect), UltraHLE (almost perfet) and some others... dont remember... 😀
But the idea is good, we need to start it, I will see all glide games I have.

Reply 8 of 31, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I should mention: I can't make Hind, Mechwarrior or SpecOps work. None of these are problems with graphical glitches. They just don't work at all. Hind seems to make all the right calls, but OpenGL keeps saying "Invalid operation". My suspicion is that the screen is being left in a full-screen DirectX mode, and this gets in the way of OpenGL operation; just a guess, but that happens in Glidos with full-screen DOS modes. Luckily with Glidos, I have a work around, but it is DOS specific.

Reply 9 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nicht (dude, WTH is your real name? heh): Yes, a list of Windows Glide games.
Fabio: Heheh, oops 😜 You'll be an admin as soon as I'm done writing this. 😀
Paul: Um, okay, that's confusing. Why would a DX window cause OGL to fail? Can't you force the DX window to close or something (at least as a temporary kluge)?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 10 of 31, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Paul: Um, okay, that's confusing. Why would a DX window cause OGL to fail? Can't you force the DX window to close or something (at least as a temporary kluge)?

This is just a guess, but certainly full-screen DOS is a special case and stops other windows overlaying, so who knows what full-screen DX window does. I don't know - the problem could be anything.

You can close a DX window if you know its handle, but without the handle I'm not sure you can do much.

Reply 11 of 31, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Yes, a list of Windows Glide games.

Ok, saw some DOS games in the discussion.

Nicht (dude, WTH is your real name? heh)

*gasp* *clutches head with hands* My name is WTH?!? Then... THEN... MY WHOLE LIFE IS A LIE!!!!!!!

Oh, come on. You were asking for that. What? Not a fan of German spelling rules?

Reply 13 of 31, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
GoldFinger wrote:

As soon as I got some free time I will jump into fixing bugs and making other thigns work... 😀

Love to see Hind working. 😁 My messing with Hind wasn't just for testing; I want to play it 😀

Reply 19 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NStriker wrote:

^^^
That was me. My dang login timed out.

Might I suggest you use cookies instead of session IDs sent via GET requests? That should help fix the problem. I'm not sure why you people keep getting timeouts, heh

Yes, it’s my fault.