VOGONS

Common searches

DosBox Windows 10 Problems?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by BigDogDos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone got DosBox V74. to work on Windows 10 32bit or 64bit ?
Without checking I have updated to windows 10 32bit on a Linx tablet and now DosBox crashes, No Doom2 Aggrrrr.
It runs for a second, shows some error that I dont have time to read before the windows closes.

Have tried most fixes as shown on:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/search/sea … s_windows_10//1

But still no good.
Will some ace programmer be updating DosBox to sort this anomaly shortly, as I cant live with just windows. I like software that dose what I tell it.

Away to try a clean boot, but even it it works (Doubtful) its a pain in the butt.

The big DOS all started on an IBM 8088 with Hercules Graphics in 1987 for me.

Reply 6 of 7, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BigDogDos wrote:

tablet

This is (probably) not a Windows 10 problem; this is a tablet problem. It is well established at this point that the version of SDL used by DOSBox does not cooperate with tablets.

Numerous threads have been started about this already. As Mr. Qbix suggested, one of several solutions is to plug in a mouse.

Reply 7 of 7, by Blagard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had this problem on my Dell tablet running windows 10 32 bit. If you have a mouse plugged in before opening DOSBox it works. But to cut to the chase, one bright spark (not me) found that replacing the sdl.dll file in the DOSBox directory with sdl.dll version 1.2.11.0 the problem is solved Searching for "sdl.dll version 1.2.11.0" will give you loads of places to grab the file from. I renamed the original one just in case I need it back