User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here are some pics from our area at GC 2016:

gamescom1.jpg

gamescom2.jpg

gamescom3.jpg

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 22 of 36, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That looks like a blast! Well done getting the area set up. Wish I could be there..

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 23 of 36, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, it is a pity we time travellers are not good at instant self-displacement at atomic level 🙁
Nice joysticks for the C64, easily among my best picks as well 😀

(On a sidenote, I have just glimpsed a working Vectrex on the video at Leipzig (in April), gave me the shivers, as I returned from a weekend cottage 10 days ago where I discovered a long abandoned dust-collecting Vectrex, belonging to the late owner. Sadly it lacked the original overlay for the built-in game and the controller was busted, but the machine fired up, a miracle considering the wet/damp conditions it was stored in, brooding over children's dreams long forgotten... Ahem. A testimony to the skills of arcade builders of old... Arcade mastercraft.)

Attachments

• Vectrex.jpg
    Filename
    Vectrex.jpg
    File size
    38.57 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Vectrex2.jpg
    Filename
    Vectrex2.jpg
    File size
    73.32 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

"Ita in vita ut in lusu alae pessima iactura arte corrigenda est."

Reply 24 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A really nice find, I hope you get it worked up for a good condition. There is also a Vectrex setup here just at the next wall.
I will sort out some photos later.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel

Reply 25 of 36, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

We had an Intellivision at the time, but we used to go to the department store and play on the Vectrex display unit. Neat bit of history. 😀

Reply 26 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here are a few more pictures from Gamescom 2016. Our area and the surrounding Retrogaming area. Factor 5 is here as well and the gorgeous Turrican Cosplay is done RavenLordess.

P1050489.JPG

P1050540.JPG

P1050547.JPG

P1050568.JPG

P1050601.JPG

Youtube Channel

Reply 27 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just a small update:

I added a video page with captures of classic C64 intros that were placed in front of game releases:
http://retronn.de/imports/c64video_quick_access.html
(works in Chrome out of the box)

Youtube Channel

Reply 28 of 36, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
elianda wrote:
Just a small update: […]
Show full quote

Just a small update:

I added a video page with captures of classic C64 intros that were placed in front of game releases:
http://retronn.de/imports/c64video_quick_access.html
(works in Chrome out of the box)

That is excellent, thank you!

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 29 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

- Changed the video pages for the C64 Intros as well as C64 Demos to comply better with HTML5 standards and browsers by changing the video containers to MP4 and reuploading all videos. The player now works in most browsers - Yay.
- Extended the description on how I capture especially regarding the C64 content by request on the Capture Setup page.

Youtube Channel

Reply 30 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Brief report from the Long Night of Computer Games in Leipzig where we had a full room of vintage PCs for gaming:
There is also a video and some photos for your convenience.

http://retronn.de/imports/lndcs_2017.html

Youtube Channel

Reply 32 of 36, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elianda wrote:

Brief report from the Long Night of Computer Games in Leipzig where we had a full room of vintage PCs for gaming:
There is also a video and some photos for your convenience.

http://retronn.de/imports/lndcs_2017.html

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed those photos. It would've been amazing to be able to be there! Wish there was something like that in my area. 😀

My favorites were the RPG display case, the Atari 800XL, the Vectrex, the Intellivision, and all the people young and old having such an obviously good time. Thank you for sharing 😀

Reply 33 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe someone noticed that retronn.de was down for a few days.

So the bad news: The server had one completely failing HDD and the second one had bad blocks and after file system check the system did not came up anymore.

The good news is, that I have a backup and they replaced both HDDs. I used the opportunity to install a recent Debian. Some services like the ftp and websever are running already. The recovery of the data will still take a few days.

After that is done I might have time to put some more work into actual content again.

Youtube Channel

Reply 34 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So there is a small new feature. I made a page that allows to search through the filenames in the file area:

https://retronn.de/imports/search.html

The page may load a moment longer than usual and may take a moment to gather all results when a search is done. It limits to 10000 results.

Youtube Channel

Reply 35 of 36, by erek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
elianda wrote:
Greetings fellow Vogons, […]
Show full quote

Greetings fellow Vogons,

I started in January 2016 http://retronn.de.

It is a website that covers old hardware tech. I am still working on it, but some things are already working:
- there is a hardware gallery with pictures, tech data and driver/manual links that I am currently migrating from my old website.
- there is a overview of my complete oldschool PCs that I also use to run demos for capturing
- I started translating some sound card configuration guides that were previously in German. The Sound Blaster Config guide is nearly finished.
- there will be some scans from old adverts for hardware/software.
- there is a minimalist but working video menu for the captured stuff that works with Chrome natively. Check it out quality is much better than YouTube.
- there is some info and pictures from events where I setup old hardware.
and also working is a page where I can do live streaming directly from old hardware systems or anything else.

On my current to do list:
Finish the migration of the old hardware gallery and update further with new stuff that waits to be added. Also some photos need to be taken again with better quality. Add some more sound card config guides, for GUS PnP, Soundscape, miroSound, Maxi Sound Dynamic3D a.s.o.
I should add also some non-PC systems.

I will keep you posted.

Is this yours? Authentic Innovation SSI 2001 ?

https://retronn.de/imports/hwgal/hw_sound_car … 001__front.html

Reply 36 of 36, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As written on the page at the bottom: "Card photos from Shock__ with permission.". He is also active here on vogons and is head of the ArGUS project as well.
I did the videos using a replica that allows to change the SID and base frequency between C64 and 1 MHz.
http://retronn.de/imports/hwgal/hw_sound_card … 2001_front.html

Here is a picture where the prototype of the FPGA-SID was plugged:
sc.jpg

Youtube Channel