VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 60 of 101, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DolchFlexPAC wrote:

I see what you mean........ only the CT4820 and SB0150 were official PCI512s.....the CT4830 seems to have been an OEM card but certainly my card is what it is. Do you have a link for what should be the correct drivers CD for the 4830? I can install both discs and see what's up.

PS I would love to have access to Vogonsdrivers but still no reply from SquallStrife about enabling my Vogons account for the drivers side. I have a lot of old drivers I had archived on old 1X CD-Rs...... those TDKs and Kodaks cost me a fortune, back in the day of my 1X external SCSI Pinnacle RCD 5040 CD-recorder 😀

I had trouble with the CT4830. I know that the install will be bad if, during the installation process, Windows asks you to help it locate the drivers for "PCI Multimedia Device." This box just pops up in the middle of the Creative install, so you don't know whether to follow through with it or the Creative install.

I can vouch for only two Live! models.

CT4760 : Installs smoothly with Liveware 3.0.
SB0060 : Installs smoothly with bundled CD-ROM (haven't made an ISO yet)

Reply 61 of 101, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just a note for future reference--

On the Sound Blaster 16 Vibra (CT2800) with a MIDI header, the SB16 Vibra-specific drivers don't seem to see the MPU-401 interface in DIAGNOSE.EXE. The latest SB16 (non-Vibra) drivers do. So if you have a Vibra, skip the Vibra drivers and go straight to SB16. 😉

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 62 of 101, by adlibmuseum

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Don't know if this is the correct place to ask this, at least it is SB driver-related:

Presumably in the late '80s, Creative released a SB-SOUND.COM driver (could have been EXE), that emulated Ad Lib's SOUND.COM driver.

This driver was needed by some early software, including Ad Lib's own range of software (Visual Composer, JukeBox (at the time)...), but also some games (pretty sure Spellcasting 101: Sorcerers Get All The Girls was among them). One little advantage above's Ad Lib version was that Creative's version could be unloaded from memory with /U switch, quite important back in those days 😀

Does anybody know how this driver was distributed? It wasn't on their supplied SB driver diskettes, was it?
Perhaps it was send on floppies on special request or on their official BBS (did they have one)? I'm sure I have it somewhere, if anybody has interest in it. Not sure if I have the official README file though (assuming that exists). I ought to do a SOUND.COM vs SB-SOUND.COM test to see if it was 100% compatible, unfortunately I can only do this on DOSBox, as I don't have a vintage PC 🙁

Creative did everything they could to convert Ad Lib owners to SB, they even had a ROL2CMF conversion utility to convert Ad Lib Visual Composer songs to their CMF format, I can imagine that it was supplied with the driver. AFAIK Ad Lib, Inc. did not bother to develop a CMF to ROL converter or (somewhat) evil tactics like that.

Reply 63 of 101, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here is the file in case someone needs it. The readme is included.

Filename
SB-SOUND.zip
File size
66.88 KiB
Downloads
301 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 65 of 101, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pcwizard7 wrote:

what was the last PCI SB card that had DOS Driver? what would be the best PCI card for DOS/Win98?

thanks in advance

In all honesty, I would avoid PCI SB cards. The DOS drivers are a nightmare (IMHO,) of compatibility issues. I have never actually tried it out, but there were some motherboards & Cards that had what I think was called a SB-Port. It was a small connector that allowed direct IRQ/Port/DMA access to the PCI card. If your MB has one, that is what I would check into first. For my DOS system, I just went with a board that still had a couple of ISA slots to put a SB card (and an MPU-401,) in.

Feeding Dragon

Reply 66 of 101, by Splinter

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know if this is relevant but SB have updated Win 10 drivers for legacy products.I just installed an Audigy SE card and the drivers work just fine.

http://www.compufixshop.com
Main rig Ryzen 2600X Strix RX580 32GB RAM
Secondary rig FX8350 GTX960 16GB RAM

Reply 67 of 101, by azumanga

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Would you be interested in the TerraTec Driver CD 1.0?
It contains drivers for the following cards (DOS/WIN 3.x/OS2):
- TerraTec Gold 16/96
- TerraTec Maestro 16/96
- TerraTec Maestro 32/96
Also there are is a lot of additional software (shareware/freeware/demo versions) on this disc as well.
The ISO is 108 MB in size (75 MB as ZIP).

Reply 68 of 101, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
azumanga wrote:
Would you be interested in the TerraTec Driver CD 1.0? It contains drivers for the following cards (DOS/WIN 3.x/OS2): - TerraTec […]
Show full quote

Would you be interested in the TerraTec Driver CD 1.0?
It contains drivers for the following cards (DOS/WIN 3.x/OS2):
- TerraTec Gold 16/96
- TerraTec Maestro 16/96
- TerraTec Maestro 32/96
Also there are is a lot of additional software (shareware/freeware/demo versions) on this disc as well.
The ISO is 108 MB in size (75 MB as ZIP).

I think it sounds smashing great, let us hope that there are an interest. But as I said it sounds great 😀 After all, it is great to see. People still care about it 😀

Reply 69 of 101, by ricardo.contieri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear all,

I'm struggling trying to find the first disk of this set, with this specific part number. I have all the other disks working - and attached here - but I couldn't find this specific disk 1 anywhere. I've checked also the large compilation CD file (I guess it was version 4.1) but I couldn't find it.

Someone recorded a boot disk for Windows ME over this first disk. 😢 So I would like to revert it! 😀

Sound Blaster 16 MultiCD Disks.jpeg
Filename
Sound Blaster 16 MultiCD Disks.jpeg
File size
2.24 MiB
Views
File comment
Sound Blaster 16 MCD Disks
File license

Thanks!

Ricardo

Attachments

• Filename
    Sound Blaster 16 MCD.zip
    File size
    4.59 MiB
    Downloads
    217 downloads
    File comment
    Readable Disks
    File license

Reply 70 of 101, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What exact card is the disk set from?

On searching, I am finding a few different SB 16 MCD cards.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 71 of 101, by ricardo.contieri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is from a CT2230, that came bundled with a 2x CDRom that conected back to the board (not IDE), and with a bunch of games (Lemmigs and Indy 500) and Grolier Encyclopedia. I got the original kit somewhere in xmas 1994.

Reply 72 of 101, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What did you use to create those disk images? I can't seem to find anything that will read them.

Found it, MagicISO is able to open them.

I have not been able to locate the English version of Disk 1 yet, but I was able to find the Italian version.

Not sure if just the text files are Italian or if the programs are in Italian as well.

I'll post the whole Italian set if you want.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 73 of 101, by ricardo.contieri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure! Post that version too! Of course I'd prefer the EN version, but I'm willing to take a look into that Italian version to see what is it about. And sorry for not advising on the disk format...

Thanks!

RC

Reply 74 of 101, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is the Italian version of your disks.

The DISK IDs are the same except for the language.

Attachments

• Filename
    SB16MCD-Italian.zip
    File size
    4.45 MiB
    Downloads
    199 downloads
    File license

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 75 of 101, by ricardo.contieri

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote:

Here is the Italian version of your disks.

The DISK IDs are the same except for the language.

Thanks a lot for this set! I believe that they are not compiled anywhere in the packages I've looked in the forum.

It would be great if someone showed up with the ENG version though...

Once again, thanks a lot!

Ricardo

Reply 76 of 101, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ricardo.contieri wrote:
Thanks a lot for this set! I believe that they are not compiled anywhere in the packages I've looked in the forum. […]
Show full quote

Thanks a lot for this set! I believe that they are not compiled anywhere in the packages I've looked in the forum.

Ricardo

You're welcome. I have been doing quite a bit of digging and downloading whole driver archives from some different ftp sites and ftp archives I have been able to find for a website project of my own. I'm pretty sure I have a large amount of other stuff that isn't posted here.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 77 of 101, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

`Hello everyone.
I have some Creative CD's that i see are not up on vogons drivers, and i'd like to upload them.
I tried to PM SquallStrife twice, but 2 weeks have already passed and no response.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Some of the stuff i have includes:
- Audigy 4 - "Installation" CD (for XP)
- Audigy SE - "Installation and Applications" CD (XP, Vista)
- Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 CD(s) and manual(s) (win 9x version)

X-fi Demo Disc
/
X-Fi Elite pro (i also have the 2 driver discs for XP & Vista/7, but they're already posted)
\
X-Fi Music Creation Application CD

Reply 78 of 101, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
B24Fox wrote:
`Hello everyone. I have some Creative CD's that i see are not up on vogons drivers, and i'd like to upload them. I tried to PM […]
Show full quote

`Hello everyone.
I have some Creative CD's that i see are not up on vogons drivers, and i'd like to upload them.
I tried to PM SquallStrife twice, but 2 weeks have already passed and no response.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Some of the stuff i have includes:
- Audigy 4 - "Installation" CD (for XP)
- Audigy SE - "Installation and Applications" CD (XP, Vista)
- Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 CD(s) and manual(s) (win 9x version)

X-fi Demo Disc
/
X-Fi Elite pro (i also have the 2 driver discs for XP & Vista/7, but they're already posted)
\
X-Fi Music Creation Application CD

Only SquallStrife can help you, since he'll provide the password for uploading. Maybe he's a bit busy now.

Or you can upload to a temporary online storage and one of us can download from there and re-upload to VogonsDrivers, preserving your nickname as the contributor.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 79 of 101, by KT7AGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ricardo.contieri wrote:

I'm not sure if you ever found what you were looking for, but I just saw your post and I have another variant of the CT2230: SB16 ASP. Mine didn't come with an optical drive.

I've uploaded the diskettes here:

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1135

I hope this helps you out.

I think I also still have the original manuals around here someplace too. If you need those, I can get around to scanning them for you. Unfortunately, the original box is long gone.