VOGONS

Supported games

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 31, by CraigG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is just a starting list. Not sure what is Glide only, and what is glide AND DirectX.

I DO think this list should stick to games that were only Glide, and not games that have a fairly modern DirectX patch.

*DUPLICATE TEXT REMOVED*
Please refer to showthread.php?s=&threadid=534

Athlon 64 3000+ stock
MSI NForce 4 K8N Neo Platinum
2Gb RAM
nVidia Geforce 6800GT stock clocks
SBLive! Platinum + Audigy ZS2 Drivers
WinXP Pro SP2

Reply 22 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

No offense CraigG, we've created enough duplicates as is...

Yeah. Trust me, this P2-450 is having enough trouble keeping up with all the mySQL calls that are being generated without having to process that much more data. 😜

Generally, the only games that need to be fixed are ones that have GROSSLY lacking DirectX/OGL renderers.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 23 of 31, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Snover wrote:

Yeah. Trust me, this P2-450 is having enough trouble...

Actually, I'm thinking of the humans. I'm having enough trouble keeping track of what's where without duplicate discussions.

Reply 26 of 31, by Schadenfreude

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mr Jim wrote:

Glidos>Do you plan to support HIND in the future with GLidos? Im a sim fan and would like yourself really want this to work 😀
Hind rules.

If you are knowledgeable about Hind, please modify the compatibility entry in the list here:
http://zetafleet.com/dev/oli/compat.php
(Hint: If it can use Voodoo card while it is in DOS, then it "Supports Glidos". If it cannot, but instead uses Voodoo in Windows, then it "Supports OpenGlide". Hmm, I dunno what to do if game should USE Glidos but it is not SUPPORTED by Glidos yet. I guess it should have checked "Supports Glidos"? Perhaps this list should be made more like VDMSound compatibility list later.)

Did a quick tool around on Google for Hind. It appears there are both Windows and DOS versions.
But I cannot tell - the question is - the 3dfx version of Hind seems to be for Windows. Was there one for DOS too?

Debugging the Windows Glide games seems to be much more difficult because of the Windows compatibility problems (DOS games, believe it or not, seems easier to get going, judging from forum posts.)

So the second question is - can you get Hind going in Windows in software mode or some other renderer (D3D, OpenGL)? That will help towards getting Glide wrapping going.

Then, I guess another question is if Glide is statically linked. But I think that is only a question for DOS Games? Glidos, am I right?

BTW, way to go! You brought an old posting back to life! Perhaps a moderator should split this off into a thread of its own... 😁

Reply 27 of 31, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Mr Jim Glidos>Do you plan to support HIND in the future with GLidos?

IIRC, the 3dfx patch for Hind was for the Windows version only.

Try patching your Windows version (with the 3dfx patch), then running it with OpenGlide (drop the Glide2x.dll in your game directory) and see what (if anything) happens.

May we presume you don't have a Voodoo card in your system at present? That would "complicate" things...

Reply 28 of 31, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Schadenfreude, that's not.. uh.. how it's supposed to work.
Only games that support Glide should be in there, of course, but you shouldn't check if it supports GliDOS or OpenGLide unless it's verified working. It's not a "should but doesn't" thing. 😀

[sidenote: I really should move that to openglide.sf.net 😜]

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 30 of 31, by Unregistered

User metadata

Hi,

Just got hold of Glidos (for Redguard). Works great.

On behalf of the Independence War community, can I beg and plead for you to add support for Glidos/OpenGlide for this title?

You can find us over at http://ina-community.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=137

Nice bunch of folks - they'd love to see a wrapper that supports Independence War. Without a decent wrapper, its basically unplayable these days.

My nick over there is sauron1, btw.

Thanks!

Reply 31 of 31, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Unregistered On behalf of the Independence War community, can I beg and plead for you to add support for Glidos/OpenGlide for this title?

Just download the latest version of OpenGlide and place it the DLL in your game's directory. Hopefully, the game will interpret this as you having a Voodoo card with WinGlide.

Nice bunch of folks - they'd love to see a wrapper that supports Independence War. Without a decent wrapper, its basically unplayable these days.

From what I hear, IWar has the best software renderer available...

This was discussed recently:
showthread.php?threadid=1436

People can test it out and post and discuss results in the OpenGlide / General forum. Don't expect too much. Remember, everyone has their favorite Glide title they want running perfectly...