VOGONS

Reply 141 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

In v3.5 x64 and the yesterday released v3.6 x64 the wrong 32bit versions of Bass/Bassmidi dlls were included.
Sorry for that, now it's fixed.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 142 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If someone is interested new version of FSMP is released.

version 3.7

1. This is an important update since resolves a long pending bassmidi bug (http://www.un4seen.com/forum/?topic=17266.0) of high CPU usage after idle periods.
2. Added handling of drag&dropped folders (single level, no recursion).
3. Added instant playing mode. When drag&dropping files/folders to the main display area it replaces the current items and starts playing.
4. Added the possibility to change the output folder of converted MOD/XM/IT files.
5. Added reset type changing to sysex submenu of the main menu so it can also be reached when the player is in compact mode.
6. Added restoring Bass Spectrum Analyzer if it was opened before switching to normal midi output port.
7. Fixed writing wave files bigger than 4GB (that is out of wave file specification).
8. Fixed Bassmidi's reverb and chorus type/level setting failure of the x64 version.

Reply 144 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
FSMP version 3.8 is released.

version 3.8

1. Added Midi Channels visualization mode. Unlike previous modes this one is working with standard midi ports since it uses midi messages instead of wave data.
2. Added channel map to virtual piano Show All mode. By right clicking the Show All button you can set the map to prevent displaying e.g. drum channels.
3. Added playing state indicators to taskbar thumbnail (Win7+) .
4. Added SC88 reset sysex as valid GS mode reset (like Bassmidi and Roland SCVA does).
5. Fixed GS style sysex patch/tone change detection.
6. Fixed Real-time loaded soundfonts resetting when any unrelated options changed in Device Settings dialog.
7. Fixed x64 version standard midi port recording issues.
8. Reduced memory footprint (especially noticeable with big midi files).

http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer

Reply 146 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
This bug was present since version 3.5. We tried to prevent moving the player's window outside the taskbar. It was too successful 😀
Since at this time I have no multi-monitor setup to experiment with I have simply disabled the taskbar related test on any other monitor but the 1st.

I have uploaded the new versions (build v3.8.0.3)

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2016-08-21, 13:07. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 147 of 1690, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Still can't drag the window outside the primary display.

EDIT:
I managed to drag from primary to secondary through the bottom corner, very strange.
But I can return the windows to the primary anywhere.

EDIT2:
There is a spot where the windows flicker frantically between the screens. 😲

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 148 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, more brutal approach: taskbar test disabled if more than one monitor is detected. I have also modified that the position of the forms are not restored when the actual desktop size is less than the saved positions (e.g. you remove a monitor after positions are saved).

I have uploaded the new versions (build v3.8.0.4)

Reply 151 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I'm about to release version 3.9 of FSMP. Learning from past mistakes I have made a test version available before release.
http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_39_test.zip

New features/fixes:
1. Added Show Velocity on Piano option to Main menu -> Appearance.
If enabled it shows different velocity values with different grayscale colors.
2. Added VST effect/visualization plugin support (Main menu -> Bass VST Plugins. It only works in Bassmidi output mode).
Some plugins can cause instability/freezes. The most critical parts are loading and unloading so it is advisable to avoid frequent loading/unloading sequences.
Once a plugin is successfully loaded it seldom causes problem (until unload/closing).
3. Fixed error when last file on playlist is deleted while being played and repeat one is enabled.
4. Also fixed AV errors in case of successive delete operations when 0 ms sysex delay is set.

Any feedback is welcome

Reply 152 of 1690, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks!

Works good here, all the VST plugins I've tested do not crash the player, even the big heavy ones.
The show piano velocity feature is nice.
When changing the piano velocity with + and - can you please show the velocity value a little longer than a microsecond, it is almost too fast to read.
Very stable overall.

Reply 153 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
Thanks, I have added a reasonable delay to velocity display.
So FSMP version 3.9 is officially released.

version 3.9

1. Added 'Show Velocity on Piano' option to main menu -> appearance. If enabled it shows different velocity values with different grayscale colors.
2. Added VST effect/visualization plugin support (main menu -> Bass VST Plugins. It only works in Bassmidi output mode).
Some plugins can cause instability/freezes. The most critical parts are loading and unloading so it is advisable to avoid fast loading/unloading sequences.
Priority defines the order of effects. Higher priority means that the effect occurs earlier in the chain. Therefore visualization plugins should be set to 0 priority.
Also effects that are set to 0 priority do not influence recording (recording virtually runs with priority 1).
3. Fixed error when last file on playlist is deleted while being played and repeat one is enabled.
4. Fixed AV errors in case of successive delete operations when 0 ms sysex delay is set.
5. Better compatibility with older computers that have only 1 CPU core.
6. Other fixes and enhancements.

http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#midiplayer

Reply 154 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I have uploaded a test version of the upcoming 4.0 of FSMP.
http://falcosoft.hu/midiplayer_40_test.zip

1. Added VSTi plugins (VST instrument) support. This means that FSMP itself can host e.g. SC-VA so no other VST host is required.
I don't know if it's a really useful feature, but can be handy in some situations. Advantages compared to external hosts:
a. Direct recording.
b. Normal volume, bass/treble, visualization support.
c. Can be used with other VST effect/visualization plugins.
Tested with Roland SC-VA, Yamaha S-YXG50 Portable VSTi, and rgc:Audio Sfz.

2. Fixed handling of VST effect plugins that cannot detach their editor window properly.

Reply 156 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New test version uploaded.
1. VST and Vsti plugin window positions are saved and restored.
2. Added shortcut keys that open window and automatically load previously set VST/VSTi plugins.
VSTi plugin -> Shift + I
VST plugins -> Shift + effect number (1-4)

Reply 157 of 1690, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great, this is a really convenient solution.

Suggestions:
* A tickbox in the VSTi settings named "Load VSTi at startup" will be more convenient than a Shift+I shortcut key (but keep the key shortcut too).
* The VSTi plugin is reloaded each time the Settings windows is OK-ed, maybe it will be better if it would not reset?
* An option to bring the Balance, Bass, Treble to middle by the Right Mouse button or Double Click will be great (Most VST plugins work like this and it is very intuitive), and maybe a value indicator also.

Questions:
* The sampling rate and the latency for the VSTi adjusted where the SoundFont settings?
* What are the frequencies of the Treble and Bass? Can they be changed?

Reply 158 of 1690, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1. As you may have guessed I have already tested loading at startup and made this shortcut thing since I cannot make it without sacrificing stability. With only one plugin there are random threading issues that cause the player to enter infinite loop and never initializes. The more plugins the worse. The more problematic thing is that you can only recover from this state by manually killing FSMP from task manager and remove the problematic plugin(s) from registry/ini. So I don't think it's worth the risk. I have played many hours to prevent the most frequent freezing scenarios, and now I'm out of fuel 😀
2. Pressing OK in the settings dialog always re-initializes the whole bass/bassmidi/bassvst stack. Changing latency/freq/bitness cannot be done without creating a new stream. VST plugins must be unloaded/reloaded in this process.
3. Balance/bass to middle can be added of course.
4. Yes, the bass settings( latency, freq, bitness etc.) concern both bassvst and bassmidi.
5. It's a parametric EQ with center 100 and 10000 Hz and 2 octaves bandwidth. No, the frequencies cannot be changed. But you can use more advanced vst plugins 😀 .