VOGONS

DOSBox SVN Builds

Topic actions

Reply 120 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm using VirtualBox (gotta love all thos 'Boxes 😉)
Glad to hear that it only seems to be a VM related problem.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 121 of 294, by guncrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently updated Ykhwong'h latest DVN build, after running Space Quest 3 from the SQ Collection (it included MT-32 and SB support) During the intro the music and every is fine but the digital audio is garbled and slow. I've tested on vanilla builds and it works fine. The part where he says "Where am I" is garbled and slooow. I can provide audio if you need. Has anything changed regarding soundblaster or digital audio in general?

Reply 122 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Daum is broken

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 124 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I would recommend a plain vanilla svn build unless you really need some of the Daum features.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 125 of 294, by guncrazy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

I would recommend a plain vanilla svn build unless you really need some of the Daum features.

Well, I have actual Roland MT-32 hardware, and would like to record some longplays of Sierra games. Problem for me is the MT-32 audio does not record, however MUNT does. I am a purist of sorts so I would like to use the MT-32 hardware if at all possible. And also fix the digital audio issue I have run into. But it seems the build I downloaded is broken. The previous build worked find so I will go back to that. What other SVN builds are out there that allow for direct MIDI input?

Reply 126 of 294, by Dagar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yesterplay80,

Your recent compiles of 3990 (both vanilla and 3DFX) have a small glitch which appears on the DOSBox welcome screen. The EmuCR build does not display this glitch.
Other than that it is working well. Just wanted to give you a heads up as I found it kind of odd.

DOSBox_glitch.jpg

Reply 127 of 294, by Dagar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dagar wrote:
Yesterplay80, […]
Show full quote

Yesterplay80,

Your recent compiles of 3990 (both vanilla and 3DFX) have a small glitch which appears on the DOSBox welcome screen. The EmuCR build does not display this glitch.
Other than that it is working well. Just wanted to give you a heads up as I found it kind of odd.

DOSBox_glitch.jpg

Fixed in 3991 - thanks

Reply 128 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, I noticed it as well some days ago, after updating the MinGW installation it magically fixed itself. 😀

I'll update the 3990 builds as well, just in case.

My full-featured DOSBox SVN builds for Windows & Linux: Vanilla DOSBox and DOSBox ECE (Google Drive Mirror)

Reply 129 of 294, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
guncrazy wrote:

I recently updated Ykhwong'h latest DVN build, after running Space Quest 3 from the SQ Collection (it included MT-32 and SB support) During the intro the music and every is fine but the digital audio is garbled and slow. I've tested on vanilla builds and it works fine. The part where he says "Where am I" is garbled and slooow. I can provide audio if you need. Has anything changed regarding soundblaster or digital audio in general?

Use 2014/01/27 build

Reply 132 of 294, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No problem, I volunteer to compile dosbox with nuked-opl, pixel-perfect and all the bells and whistles.
Once Ant_22 is done with the overlay scaling problem.

my important / useful posts are here

Reply 133 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Although it is almost redundant, I also compiled a build including the pixel perfect patch and the NukedOPL patch, I added the 3Dfx patch though. It's the file called "DOSBox SVN r3995 PLUS.7z" from the download site linked in my signature.

Reply 134 of 294, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you.

There are countless excellent patches Yesterplay80, you can't compile them all.
I strongly suggest to any tech savvy dosboxer to learn how to compile an SVN with Patches of his choice.

Last edited by James-F on 2016-09-09, 12:26. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 135 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

@yesterplay80: Even though I won't use your builds (OS X) I appreciate that you are doing those. It's good that there are more choices and one never knows when a build(er) suddenly disappears. Not to mention that you are making fully working builds with png and sdl_sound!

Reply 136 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, Dominus, I don't plan to disappear in the foreseable future, but who knows what will happen. Though I don't know nothing about programming, at least this way I can contribute a little bit to the community and the project.

James-F, you edited your post too late, here you go: DOSBox SVN r3995, including the NukedOPL, the pixel perfect, the 3Dfx and the enhanced scalers patch: 😉

Filename
DOSBox SVN r3995 PLUS.7z
File size
1.44 MiB
Downloads
166 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

All patch creators are credited for in a file called PATCHES.txt in the archive

Since some patches interfere with others because they change the same files and sometimes even the same lines, I came up with a single patch file, if anyone's interested, this is it:

Filename
PLUS.diff
File size
974.9 KiB
Downloads
106 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

As you can see it has grown pretty big and contains several changes to the original SVN source code. So, please consider this some sort of milestone release that may work now (r3995) but might stop working the next time one of these files gets changed in the SVN. Depending on my free time I will try to keep this patch compatible to never revisions, but please don't take that for granted!

Reply 137 of 294, by James-F

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks Yesterplay80!

Since some patches interfere with others because they change the same files and sometimes even the same lines, I came up with a single patch file, if anyone's interested, this is it:

What did you do to avoid conflict, in case I encounter the same problem? Is there a certain order you patched them?

Reply 138 of 294, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Sometimes you have to do it manually 😉

Reply 139 of 294, by Yesterplay80

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
James-F wrote:

Thanks Yesterplay80!

What did you do to avoid conflict, in case I encounter the same problem?

Exactly, Dominus! 😀 While there are tools, like combinediff for example, that can combine several diff files into one, they stop working the moment one patch adds or deletes lines from a file, which is the case here. So that's what I did:

I started (of course) with a fresh checkout of the repository and added the NukedOPL patch. I then applied the 3Dfx patch, checking which hunks failed to patch and fixing the diff file manually so it would apply upon the changes the NukedOPL already made. After that I copied the modified dosbox source folder, checked out a fresh SVN and then made a diff file comparing both folders, ending up with a patch that combined the NukedOPL and the 3Dfx patch. I applied the combined patch to the fresh SVN to see if it worked, which it did.

Next I applied the pixel perfect patch, again fixing the parts of the diff that would not work because of the changes the earlier patch already made. Comparing the patched source with another freshly checked out source resulted in a diff including all 3 patches, which applied just fine to the fresh SVN.

Then I repeated the steps from before: I tried to apply the scalers patch, fixed the parts in the diff that didn't work (this time it was just some wrong lines), succesfully applied it again and the copied away the patched source folder containing all 4 patches. The last diff I created by comparing that with a fresh source finally resulted in the diff you see here, containing all 4 patches.