VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2561 of 3949, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a dgVoodoo section on VOGONS similar to how Openglide and GliDOS are setup but mabye lumping them all under one would make more sense since compared to those two I'm sure dgVoodoo is used the most.

Mabye "API Wrappers & Emulators":

GliDOS General
GLIDOS Development

Openglide General
OpenGlide Development

Dgvoodoo General
Dgvoodoo Development

VDMSound General
VDmSound Development
Speedset

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2562 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
DosFreak wrote:
It probably wouldn't hurt to have a dgVoodoo section on VOGONS similar to how Openglide and GliDOS are setup but mabye lumping t […]
Show full quote

It probably wouldn't hurt to have a dgVoodoo section on VOGONS similar to how Openglide and GliDOS are setup but mabye lumping them all under one would make more sense since compared to those two I'm sure dgVoodoo is used the most.

GliDOS General
GLIDOS Development

Openglide General
OpenGlide Development

Dgvoodoo General
Dgvoodoo Development

VDMSound General
VDmSound Development
Speedset

I like the idea because the single dgVoodoo2 thread has grown really fat. It's hard to search for info inside it by themes.

Reply 2563 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dege, can you test Chrome (the game 😁 ) or Chrome SpecForce with 1920x1080 as resolution set in the config file (Data\VideoSettings.scr) or using the HD fixes (http://wordpress.fusetnt.com/2012/05/making-o … -part-2-chrome/ ) ?

No problems with other resolutions, with 1920x1080 the two games crash @start.

Reply 2564 of 3949, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
Dege wrote:
DosFreak wrote:
It probably wouldn't hurt to have a dgVoodoo section on VOGONS similar to how Openglide and GliDOS are setup but mabye lumping t […]
Show full quote

GliDOS General
GLIDOS Development

Openglide General
OpenGlide Development

Dgvoodoo General
Dgvoodoo Development

VDMSound General
VDmSound Development
Speedset

I like the idea because the single dgVoodoo2 thread has grown really fat. It's hard to search for info inside it by themes.

It's fine with me. Dgvoodoo is a good match on to why vogons was created in the first place.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2565 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I would be nice if people will create threads stating the name of the game.Example:

DgVooDoo- Splinter Cell 1
DgVooDoo- Splinter Cell 2
DgVooDoo- NFS4
DgVooDoo- General
DgVo0doo-Offtopic
DgVodoo-Ongoing Progress
For Dege could also act up as a log per game .😀

Reply 2566 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A.I.M. 2 (Steam version) will boot into the open world just fine now with dgVoodoo2 WIP 27, but the game crashes when I attempt to play the tutorial level (only accessible when starting a new game). While this is a known issue - it's simply a bad model - I never experienced the issue when playing natively, so it seems to be more than just that.

Reply 2567 of 3949, by Mud

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Mud wrote:
Its Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo B590) http://zdj.comoj.com/images/227lenovo_tn.jpg […]
Show full quote
Mud wrote:
Mobile 1 Rally Championship 2000 […]
Show full quote

Mobile 1 Rally Championship 2000

Dege can you try optimalize INTEL GRAPHIC's CARD to run with dgvoodoo?
Without your program game work but slowly (low fps)
but when i plug in dgvoodoo its make [[ERROR]Cannot create directdraw object - check directx installation] 🤣

What type of Intel Chip exactly? I think Intel HD 2000 and above should support feature level 10.0.
What Output API's do you have in dgVoodooSetup?

Its Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Lenovo B590)
227lenovo_tn.jpg

Output API's
- Dirext3D 11 MS WARP (software)
- Dirext3D 11 (freature level 10.0)
- Dirext3D 11 (freature level 10.1)

When is choose "(freature lever 10.0)" or "10.1" in "Adapters to use/enable" is avalible "Intel(R) HD Graphics"
but when i switch to "Dirext3D 11 MS WARP (software)" its changed to "Microsoft Basic Render Driver"

Game works only with Dirext3D 11 MS WARP (software)
When change to freature leve have this error:

PLtP7.jpg

Refreshing,
testing now with older product "International rally championship 1997" and exactly same problem 😵

Reply 2569 of 3949, by AlienX999

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have a bit of a issue with most of the Dgvoodoo versions on a few specific games with horrible in-game keyboard input lag.
Monster Truck Madness 1
Monster Truck Madness 2 ? (Have yet to see but looks like it runs on a modified engine)
Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto London 1961 and Its Expansion.
Is there any way to fix this?

I am Using a Intel Pentium N3450 Processor

Reply 2570 of 3949, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AlienX999 wrote:
Hello, I have a bit of a issue with most of the Dgvoodoo versions on a few specific games with horrible in-game keyboard input l […]
Show full quote

Hello, I have a bit of a issue with most of the Dgvoodoo versions on a few specific games with horrible in-game keyboard input lag.
Monster Truck Madness 1
Monster Truck Madness 2 ? (Have yet to see but looks like it runs on a modified engine)
Grand Theft Auto

I have the same issue with GTA 1 and London, I get terrible keyboard lag. I have a GTX 1080 and a 4790k.

Reply 2572 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

Dege, can you test Chrome (the game 😁 ) or Chrome SpecForce with 1920x1080 as resolution set in the config file (Data\VideoSettings.scr) or using the HD fixes (http://wordpress.fusetnt.com/2012/05/making-o … -part-2-chrome/ ) ?

No problems with other resolutions, with 1920x1080 the two games crash @start.

Tried and they work fine here.

AlienX999 wrote:
Hello, I have a bit of a issue with most of the Dgvoodoo versions on a few specific games with horrible in-game keyboard input l […]
Show full quote

Monster Truck Madness 1
Grand Theft Auto

I tried Monster Truck Madness 2 on Win7, and it works fine.
On Win10, I sometimes get some input lag so I think it's not dgVoodoo related.

Last edited by Dege on 2016-09-11, 15:23. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2578 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:
Little problem with some textures (similar to shadowmap Z-fighting? So game/engine dependent?), see the wall russian text(ure :D […]
Show full quote

Little problem with some textures (similar to shadowmap Z-fighting? So game/engine dependent?), see the wall russian text(ure 😁):

*No dgVoodoo2:
splintercell_2016_09_12_11_04_07_534.png

*dgVoodoo2 (walking the texture reappears):
splintercell_2016_09_12_11_02_56_152.png

It's really a MINOR issue, just reporting 😉

I saw the same in SC1. It's happening very fast but you can see it. Can be distracting at times.