VOGONS

First post, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I created a DOSBox fork because I had a lot of difficulty getting Glide working with existing builds. It also has fixed high bitdepth support. I also packaged it up into an app bundle.

It's based on newish master branches of DOSBox and OpenGLide. I used some patches I found here and made some additional changes.

You can download it here (source and binaries):
http://crosma.com/software/dosboxlove.tar.bz2

Reply 1 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

thank you very much for this port.

Just a msg to other readers:
After downloading, I discovered it requires macOS (OS X 10.12),
but will not run on older versions of OS X (10.11-),
which is installed on "my Mac" currently..

Klimawandel.

Reply 3 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

no need to build it on 10.9, you just need the correct deployment target set (for Dosbox and all the libs)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As a DOSBox front-end programmer in hope to add support for it, I must ask the following question:

Is the config file fixed to "~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox LOVE Preferences" or can the standard one also be used to feed DOSBox Love Edition?

Klimawandel.

Reply 5 of 6, by Crosma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
IIGS_User wrote:

As a DOSBox front-end programmer in hope to add support for it, I must ask the following question:

Is the config file fixed to "~/Library/Preferences/DOSBox LOVE Preferences" or can the standard one also be used to feed DOSBox Love Edition?

You should be able to feed it via. command-line parameter or whatever.

Reply 6 of 6, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thank you for the comment.

With Daum build, which also uses its own config file, I let my frontend edit its orginal config file, leaving an original copy around.

Still not implemented yet, but I think I would work the same way with your port.

Klimawandel.