VOGONS

Reply 100 of 104, by vmunix

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
anthony wrote:
boxpressed wrote:

Check out the last few posts of this thread I started on the same topic: Intel SE440BX-2 ("Seattle") & IRQ 9

Thanks. Tried /i parameter, but setupsnd refused to accept it. It said don't know such parameter. My card is tropes plus

setupsnd only accepts parameters regarding the MIDI routing and some other MIDI stuff, it's just a program that loads the synth OS and initializes the effects processor, it read the configuration from the tbsdos.ini there you can change IRQ's and ports under \tbeach\tbsapps, however I think the settings there only are to reflect how the hardware is setup, after the motherboard posts it shows the ISA sound card using irq 5 and irq 9 (codec & synth) not sure of those resources are allocated automatically by the mobo or are present in the cards firmware.

TBS2001.exe is another program but I think you can only change the codec settings from there, you might give it a try, for all DOS programs if you execute with /? will print the options.

Trailing edge computing.

Reply 101 of 104, by Rawit

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can anyone try this soundbank? My Turtle Beach card is memoryless and without a host at the moment. I've been experimenting with soundbanks mostly for my Ultrasound and noticed that a conversion from FFF/DAT to WFB goes without errors/weird samples.

Attachments

• Filename
    GSFULL4M.zip
    File size
    4.18 MiB
    Downloads
    177 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

YouTube

Reply 103 of 104, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You might have to edit this bank using algorithm I provided earlier in the thread.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 104 of 104, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Bumping this as I have a Tropez on the way.

I really want to get a good fully working WFB. Has there been any more progress since February?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK