VOGONS

Recording Old Games ....Gamma ramp / 3Dfx intro issues

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by sam767

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm Trying to Record Need For Speed 2 SE included Camera Overlay and with 3Dfx Logo of course
the problem is either 3Dfx not Showing after a Video done or it lak of Gamma Ramp (Correction)
I knew there is some programs support Gamma Ramp but lak of Camera overlay such as (Fraps) (MSI AfterBurner)

i tried OBS + DXWnd to run the game in Window Mode However it looks darker than as in Full Screen !
right now im using nGlide , i tried DGvoodoo 2.5x but same thing

BTW i miss the old 3Dfx spining intro !, any change to working on that again ?:)

any idea ?

- Windows 7 x64
- 970 GTX

Reply 1 of 3, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

3Dfx logo should appear in the video because it's drawn onto the image output, it's not on a separate overlay or sg.
Spinnig intro should also work if you have downloaded the 3Dfx splash dlls and put them into either into the system folder or into the game folder (and don't forget to enable it on the 'Glide' tab in the dgv setup).

As for gamma, I don't know if video capturing softwares support reading back the current gamma settings from the adapter (for fullscreen mode), but in windowed mode gamma is always calculated into the output image through dgVoodoo, so if nothing else, that should work.
If it's dark by default then you can always finetune it through the setup ('Brightness' slider in the color adjustments section).

I've just quickly tried it (not with NFS2 though), Glide + Fraps, and it works.

Update: yes, Fraps doesn't take gamma into account. So, in fullscreen only the output image is saved, without applying gamma.