Thanks Qbix!

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 15, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey me likes this new granular Marvin! It was getting hard to keep up with all of the new posts all-in-one.

Do we have any usage stats available for this site? It seems to be increasing (which is good!)

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 5 of 15, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:

Hey me likes this new granular Marvin! It was getting hard to keep up with all of the new posts all-in-one.

Do we have any usage stats available for this site? It seems to be increasing (which is good!)

+1 😁
I take it y'all got tired of moving threads to Marvin 🤣

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 6 of 15, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
firage wrote:

This is great. I can see the possibilities, like more sticky threads on each subject.

Also more posts along the lines of "This isn't supposed to be in the Sound forum".

Reply 8 of 15, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:
firage wrote:

This is great. I can see the possibilities, like more sticky threads on each subject.

Also more posts along the lines of "This isn't supposed to be in the Sound forum".

Possibly, but good forum descriptions go a long way. At least this is already bringing more clarity to the line that's been held in regards to the "DOS software in DOS (Marvin) vs. DOS software on new systems vs. DOS software in DOSBox" division. (Although it really wouldn't hurt to also specify new systems in the DOS forum description.)

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 10 of 15, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Grate now I have to go thought more the one board to find all the new good posts...
And I have to think more when starting a discussion. My brain herts

Reply 12 of 15, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So now all my posts about motherboard PC/PCI compatibility, should the go in the sound forum or in the general hardware forum?

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 13 of 15, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
stamasd wrote:

So now all my posts about motherboard PC/PCI compatibility, should the go in the sound forum or in the general hardware forum?

Leave all the old stuff as is.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 14 of 15, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
firage wrote:

Possibly, but good forum descriptions go a long way. At least this is already bringing more clarity to the line that's been held in regards to the "DOS software in DOS (Marvin) vs. DOS software on new systems vs. DOS software in DOSBox" division. (Although it really wouldn't hurt to also specify new systems in the DOS forum description.)

My thoughts exactly! It's always a strain to check if I'm actually reading/posting in the proper thread with all the "real" hardware mixed with emulators and all.

Reply 15 of 15, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
stamasd wrote:

I'd say that if in doubt, put it in the generic hardware section. It can always be moved elsewhere if need be 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!