VOGONS

First post, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does anyone know where I can find this? I checked Autodesk's site and there is nothing there for old DOS versions of 3D Studio.
I've also tried several Google searches and while I've found tons of people asking about it, I haven't actually found it posted anywhere.

Reply 1 of 5, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I've found the name of the program I need but haven't been able to find the actual file yet: fastcpufx.exe.

Either my Google-fu is extraordinarily weak, or it just isn't out there anywhere. Haven't tried searching archive.org directly yet.

SiliconClassics, don't suppose you are familiar with this? I know you're a 3DS user from way back, although I think you were using Max. Would greatly appreciate any assistance offered.

Reply 2 of 5, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well I found exactly what I was looking for thanks to those magnificent bastards at Archive.org, however I can't download the file. 🙁
So close and yet so far.

http://web.archive.org/web/19961219002959/htt … om/frameset.htm

Can someone else have a crack at trying to download the fastcpu patch?

Reply 3 of 5, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was thinking of trying out 3DS DOS on a fast PC for fun. What problem are you having running it? Is it not recognizing the security dongle? If that's the case, then I'd crack 3DS.

But if you need it....

Attachments

• Filename
    fstcpufx.exe
    File size
    215.72 KiB
    Downloads
    199 downloads
    File comment
    3DS R4 fast CPU fix
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 5, by snorg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome, thank you.

Yeah I have the hardware dongle, I have a 486-133 and a P6-200. It is supposed to have problems running on a system faster than 200mhz or Pentium Pro and later processors. I was hoping to test it out on the P6 and a K6-500 I have, but wouldn't be able to if it crashes.

Thanks again very much, were you able to download from Archive.org or did you just have it?

Reply 5 of 5, by SiliconClassics

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey, sorry, just saw this post now - was a little thrown off by the recent forum re-shuffling. Glad someone was able to hook you up. PM me if you have any more questions, I was using 3ds4 in the early 90s and could probably offer some help.

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+