VOGONS

First post, by Neco

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I was wondering where I could get a cable that lets you route the PC speaker sounds through your sound card.
I have a CT2290 arriving tomorrow, and (assuming it works etc) when I get everything put together in a case (down the road..gotta find one to stick it all in) I'd like to see how routing the PC speaker through the SB goes.
The CT2290 appears to have a 2-pin input, so I'd need some kind of adapter cable?

Do they sell cables like I would need anywhere?
Is there an easy way /guide to make one myself with available materials?

Reply 1 of 9, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can mod a CD Audio cable or use individual wires, like the ones that are used with breadboards / electronics projects.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 2 of 9, by Neco

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you Phil!

I did not know the search term to use but you gave me a clue with the breadboard stuff.

It looks like this should do the job

https://www.amazon.com/Breadboard-Jumper-Fema … 76%3A1249137011

Reply 3 of 9, by RJDog

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Neco wrote:

It looks like this should do the job

Yup... those will do the job just fine. Too bad you have to buy 40 of them (DX or Aliexpress are the same way). As a heads up, one problem I had that took me a (embarrasingly) long time to figure out was that if it doesn't seem to be working, you might have the polarity reversed.. just flip the cable around so that the pins are reversed from what they were.

Reply 4 of 9, by Neco

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeah that's why I ultimately decided to go with the single splits on both ends. At first I was gonna go with a 2pin - >1 pin end setup but then I thought "what if the polarity is the other way on the sound card" 😀
I mean you could probably flip it either way with a 2pin also but probably get easier routing and less cable stress doing it with two 1pins

Reply 5 of 9, by mmx_91

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can also use the connectors from HDD&power leds, reset switch... from an old unused case you have lying around. You only have to soldier two of these wires to have connectos on both sides.

Do you have an Arduino or Raspberry? The cables included to connect different devices to them are ideal 😎

Reply 6 of 9, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Another happy customer 🤣

Yea I got such a bag from eBay as well, they come in handy for all sorts of things.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 7 of 9, by Neco

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
mmx_91 wrote:

You can also use the connectors from HDD&power leds, reset switch... from an old unused case you have lying around. You only have to soldier two of these wires to have connectos on both sides.

Do you have an Arduino or Raspberry? The cables included to connect different devices to them are ideal 😎

nah I don't play with those toys. Also my soldering skills are garbage and I would like to have a "neat" package solution that doesn't look like someone got murdered making it.

Reply 8 of 9, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Neco wrote:

[..] I would like to have a "neat" package solution that doesn't look like someone got murdered making it.

🤣

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 9 of 9, by CJ Grass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I would like to make a connection from the motherboard to the PC speaker input of my sound card, but I am thinking about a matter.
Socket on the motherboard has 4 pins:
1 -sp -speaker
2 GND Ground
3 GND Ground
4 + SP5V + Speaker +5 VDC
(PC Speaker uses only 2 pins - 1 and 4)
and the slot on my CT3600 has 2 pins.
Do I connect/need 2 pins cable (1 and 4 pin from the motherboard slot up to 1 and 2 pin of the sound card)
OR just connect 1 pin cable - 1st pin from the motherboard to the 1st pin pc_spk my sound card?
Best regards.