VOGONS

Reply 143 of 894, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I finally got around to reviewing this card 😊

I tested all the "tricky" games requiring intelligent mode and IRQ 2 and they all worked of course.

Here is my video review of the MPU 401 MIDI card: https://youtu.be/WdfXdsN3fcU

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 144 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Apparently, Amibay.com hates me right now. I couldn't remember my password and when I typed in the temporary password, it says that I have to retry in 15 minutes... Ugh!

I'm interested in the card itself, but in US currency, 110 Euros is $123.52 USD, and PayPal isn't an option, unless it's temporary.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 146 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There will be a final batch of 10 cards available very soon, after that it will be a while before more are made.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 148 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ they are already on AmiBay since last week, 1 card left for now!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 151 of 894, by Ar2r4eg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I got one of that card, it's perfect work in my Pentium 1 200MMX system with default settings (330, IRQ2)
Now I build new DX4-120 system, check vga, i/o, Awe32 for free irq2, but when start system and run mqdiag catch message "interface found but unable determine irq level"
On the IRQ line bottom i find that IRQ2 - free and enable. Anyone know whats is problem ?
Thanks

My hardware:
enough for my wife to hate

Reply 152 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This error is related to resource conflict, since IRQ2 is free like you say then it's port 330 - did you check that the AWE32 isn't configured to use it? Run it's setup to verify that AWE32 is using port 300

Reply 153 of 894, by Ar2r4eg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have CT2760 no pnp card. I setup it to 220, IRQ7 DMA1,5 and midi 300. Also i check multi i/o card and disable LPT port. MT-32 software works, but sysex not worked.
Today i set up pin on mpu to IRQ3 and all work perfectly, but as i know that not dafault IRQ for MPU 🙁

PS System is M912 ver:1.4 mobo with DX4-120 CPU

My hardware:

Reply 154 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Then something is hogging IRQ2 , I can see your motherboard is so called "Deep Green / "True" Green" - is there an ACPI option or something? If there is then turn it OFF since ACPI is hard-wired to IRQ2.
Else just fiddle with your BIOS settings, see if anything uses IRQ2 and change that or reserve it for "Legacy ISA" usage. You just need to find out what uses IRQ2 and either disable it or make it use another IRQ.

Reply 155 of 894, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Any of these cards left? I'd be interested in getting one if there is. Nifty work Keropi.

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 156 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ sorry none left atm... just wait for the next fresh batch 😉

Reply 157 of 894, by Ar2r4eg

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

Then something is hogging IRQ2 , I can see your motherboard is so called "Deep Green / "True" Green" - is there an ACPI option or something? If there is then turn it OFF since ACPI is hard-wired to IRQ2.
Else just fiddle with your BIOS settings, see if anything uses IRQ2 and change that or reserve it for "Legacy ISA" usage. You just need to find out what uses IRQ2 and either disable it or make it use another IRQ.

Deep Green means present of "green mode" button on mobo. I don't know what he did and newer use it. Also in bios on this mobo not acpi support and any type of IRQ and DMA allocation. I think about change this mobo.

My hardware:

Reply 158 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Most likely that "green mode" is hardwired to IRQ2 - that's why it is occupied and the MPU does not work ... I don't see a jumper option to completely disable it so maybe the solution is indeed another mobo - or use another IRQ for mpu but there is a chance some old game is expecting to find IRQ2 and thus it won't work...