VOGONS

C&C Problems on Mac OSX

Topic actions

First post, by ShermDog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm having two problems with Command & Conquer on Dosbox running Mac OSX 10.3.9. They don't occur together, rather it's one or the other:

1. When installing the game, I get the following message: "Unable to load SETUP.MIX file from CD-ROM disc."

2. I was successful in installing the game using Petit Dosbox--in fact, I got all the way through the installation process (e.g., settings, soundcard, etc.). However, when I try to start the game, Dosbox crashes.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by ShermDog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Excuse my ignorance, but where would I get DOS32a for Mac OSX, or activate it using DOSBox .63?

Reply 3 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

DOS32a is a DOS program, so it doesn't matter what OS you're using if you're trying to use it inside of DOSBox.

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
ShermDog wrote:

Excuse my ignorance, but where would I get DOS32a for Mac OSX, or activate it using DOSBox .63?

There are several threads here at VOGONS that mentions DOS32A. In fact I think there is an announcement thread, started by the programmer behind DOS32a, somewhere - complete with details on where to get it, and how to use it inside DOSBox.

Edit: All about DOS32A here:
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?page=dos32a

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions