VOGONS

First post, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Dege. In the game ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal when you use dgVoodoo2 in the location of the Dark forest there are problems with the light or rays of light. What could be the problem? Thank you.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 17, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
salaga0792 wrote:

Hello Dege. In the game ZanZarah: The Hidden Portal when you use dgVoodoo2 in the location of the Dark forest there are problems with the light or rays of light. What could be the problem? Thank you.

@Dege it certainly looks very similar the SCPT light color problem but much worse.
image.jpg (not my picture)

Reply 2 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
daniel_u wrote:

[Цитата="salaga0792"]Здравствуйте Dege. В игре zanzarah: скрытый портал, когда вы используете dgVoodoo2 в расположении темный лес, есть проблемы со светом или лучами света. В чем может быть проблема? Спасибо.[/Цитата]

@Dege это, конечно, очень похож на SCPT светлый цвет проблема, но гораздо хуже.
[имг]https://s31.postimg.org/a9hz847az/image.jpg[/имг] (не мое фото)

This problem occurs only at one location on the other everything is fine. Tried different settings djvoodoo, lowering the graphics level in the game in different compatibility modes. The problem with the light was seen only on your computer(GTX 660), others have problems with the foliage.

Attachments

Reply 4 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
@Salaga and Daniel […]
Show full quote

@Salaga and Daniel

No, it seems to be a pathologic, degenerated polygon is drawn, I guess it's a bug in dgVoodoo.
Salaga, could you attach a savegame for the problematic location?

-----

In general, sorry for being inactive.
I'd like to release a new version soon, so I'd also like to concentrate on fixing reported bugs nowadays and exclude additional feature developing (except one I started earlier). 😐

Save on the location of the Enchanted forest , at other locations problems with light was found. As soon as I send the screenshots and save the distressed foliage, send them to you. Thank you for your work!

Attachments

• Filename
    _0000.rar
    File size
    3.05 KiB
    Downloads
    78 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 6 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

As if one of the falling leafs were rendered in a degenerated way.

Recorded the videos with problem foliage and make a save from another player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hlyU67fPIk

https://youtu.be/d4De4SAcSBo

Attachments

• Filename
    0002.rar
    File size
    4.62 KiB
    Downloads
    75 downloads
    File license

Reply 8 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

As I guessed, the leaves were that. They are drawn with non-perspective interpolation render state (but why?) and that caused the glitch. Fixed.

Interesting. Thanks for the quick solution. I would like to ask permission to use djvoodoo in my Repack Zanzarah. And to know when the update is released djvoodoo with this patch?

Reply 9 of 17, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, as far as this repack will be a freely available fan-made pack/patch (commercial and financial activity is unpermitted), utilizing dgvoodoo is ok.
I don't know when the next version will be released though. I'd like to have one soon but still there are things to fix, after then I have to re-test it with 200+ games, so... 🙁

Reply 10 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Ok, as far as this repack will be a freely available fan-made pack/patch (commercial and financial activity is unpermitted), utilizing dgvoodoo is ok.
I don't know when the next version will be released though. I'd like to have one soon but still there are things to fix, after then I have to re-test it with 200+ games, so... 🙁

Repak will be free, fan Assembly for widescreen monitors with updated textures and sound. Repak will be posted in the fan community in the social network https://vk.com/zanzarah_world. I'll wait for the updates djvoodoo, thank you very much!

Attachments

• y5wgw50NJaw.jpg
    Filename
    y5wgw50NJaw.jpg
    File size
    244.56 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • SoOo97bRBhE.jpg
    Filename
    SoOo97bRBhE.jpg
    File size
    86.54 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • 4FTI6d_oibY.jpg
    Filename
    4FTI6d_oibY.jpg
    File size
    137.48 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 11 of 17, by VicRattlehead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Playing this with the latest WIP, works really nicely so far.

I did notice that my GPU load climbs to 80-100% while viewing any of the in-game menus or text screens. Better keep in mind not to let the game idle on such screens.

Reply 12 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

As I guessed, the leaves were that. They are drawn with non-perspective interpolation render state (but why?) and that caused the glitch. Fixed.

Hi, I would like to say thank you again for creating djvoodoo, this game is going well. I had difficulties with the launch of Zanzarah + djvoodoo + Reshade.
The game goes to the black screen and closes without errors. I would like to ask advice, is it possible to run this game with Reshade? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Without Reshade the game runs without problems.
I apply two log files, with Reshade and without

Attachments

• Filename
    only djvoodoo.LOG
    File size
    226.79 KiB
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    djvoodoo+reshade.LOG
    File size
    7.67 KiB
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File license

Reply 13 of 17, by Gumpi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
salaga0792 wrote:
Hi, I would like to say thank you again for creating djvoodoo, this game is going well. I had difficulties with the launch of Za […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

Hi, I would like to say thank you again for creating djvoodoo, this game is going well. I had difficulties with the launch of Zanzarah + djvoodoo + Reshade.
The game goes to the black screen and closes without errors. I would like to ask advice, is it possible to run this game with Reshade? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Try to use window mode, with the addition of a program that turns your window into a borderless one.
I use the programm "Borderless Gaming" to do that, since dgvoodoo doesn't support boderless window mode at the moment. (Hope it will be included in future versions 😁)
With that reshade should work.
But keep in mind that you cant use any post processing that uses the z-buffer, like ambient occlusion.
Still with fake HDR, ambient lighting, and adaptive sharpening the game gets even more pretty.

zanthp 2018-02-07 21-57-34.jpg
Filename
File size
1.68 MiB
Views
File comment
Reshade enabled(fake HDR +ambient lighting + adaptive sharpening) + upscaled hd texture pack
File license

Reply 14 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gumpi wrote:
Try to use window mode, with the addition of a program that turns your window into a borderless one. I use the programm "Borderl […]
Show full quote
salaga0792 wrote:
Hi, I would like to say thank you again for creating djvoodoo, this game is going well. I had difficulties with the launch of Za […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

Try to use window mode, with the addition of a program that turns your window into a borderless one.
I use the programm "Borderless Gaming" to do that, since dgvoodoo doesn't support boderless window mode at the moment. (Hope it will be included in future versions 😁)
With that reshade should work.
But keep in mind that you cant use any post processing that uses the z-buffer, like ambient occlusion.
Still with fake HDR, ambient lighting, and adaptive sharpening the game gets even more pretty.

Thank you very much, everything worked. I would like to know what upscaled hd texture pack and where can I get)))

Reply 15 of 17, by Gumpi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I created the texture pack using the programm waifu2x-caffe.
I took the texture from the game, coverted them to png, upscaled them, and converted them back to dds, which is the image type that zanzarah uses.

There are some textures though, that dont get along with the upscaling.
The difference is quite noticeable when zomming in, since the textures are pretty low res.

D000HETZ.png
Filename
D000HETZ.png
File size
129.65 KiB
Views
File comment
Normal texture from the game
File license
D000HETZ x4.png
Filename
D000HETZ x4.png
File size
1.47 MiB
Views
File comment
Upscaled texture x4
File license

I'm thinking about to realease the hd texture pack on steam in a few days, but i'm still not quite happy about some upscaled textures.
For example the grass and some leaves are looking worse because of the upscaling.

Reply 16 of 17, by salaga0792

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Gumpi wrote:
I created the texture pack using the programm waifu2x-caffe. I took the texture from the game, coverted them to png, upscaled th […]
Show full quote

I created the texture pack using the programm waifu2x-caffe.
I took the texture from the game, coverted them to png, upscaled them, and converted them back to dds, which is the image type that zanzarah uses.

There are some textures though, that dont get along with the upscaling.
The difference is quite noticeable when zomming in, since the textures are pretty low res.

The attachment D000HETZ.png is no longer available
The attachment D000HETZ x4.png is no longer available

I'm thinking about to realease the hd texture pack on steam in a few days, but i'm still not quite happy about some upscaled textures.
For example the grass and some leaves are looking worse because of the upscaling.

I would like to quickly evaluate your work))))
I'm with a friend doing replacement textures at higher resolutions. With the preservation of the original atmosphere of the game.

Attachments

• 3XjiFm6KmKk.jpg
    Filename
    3XjiFm6KmKk.jpg
    File size
    208.03 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 17 of 17, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I never even heard of this game! Looks like something I would definitely enjoy 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!