VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 100 of 1111, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

OK, here is the updated WIP, 32.1: 😀

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP32_1.zip

The included controlpanel (and the previous one) looks like this to me:

dgVoodoocpl.jpg
Filename
dgVoodoocpl.jpg
File size
99.45 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

This seems to be caused by corruption of the conf file because if I delete it all options are available again. However if I change settings, thereby creating a new conf, the problem returns.

PS: Wouldn't it make sense to make the hardware id adjustable by the user, like in 3DAnalyze, for similar cases?

Edit: This is my conf file.

Attachments

• Filename
    dgVoodoo.conf
    File size
    133 Bytes
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 101 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks!

This bug comes when a config file is found in the CPL folder but the CPL folder itself isn't yet in the folder list... 😊
I fixed it, reuploaded WIP32.1, changed only the CPL app.
Please download it again.

I'm not in good shape. 😀

teleguy wrote:

PS: Wouldn't it make sense to make the hardware id adjustable by the user, like in 3DAnalyze, for similar cases?

It would!!
There are however a lot more properties that'd worth to be editable, like pixel/texel center offsets, and so on.
Since it's rare that they need to be edited, I don't want to have them on the GUI CPL, I'm thinking on other solution(s), like a text format config file.

Reply 103 of 1111, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So pretty! Reminds me of a similar demo for 3dfx Glide.

Dege, if you want to add "more card types" that check for things, there's a Direct3D version of "San Francisco Rush: The Rock" that came OEM with some video cards, I forget which. If you can track it down... There's a thread on VOGONS about it from ages ago that I participated in, we may have even come up with a patch to patch out the Vendor ID check, I forget.

(There's also the old Creative Unified Glide-Direct3D Wrapper which had Vendor ID checks for its installers, nobody has completely cracked those installers yet for all the versions they released. 😉 )

Mind you, I think it was the installers with the Vendor ID issue, not what they installed.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 107 of 1111, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Webdiver runs correctly with ATI card, it refuses to run with nVidia card (with a pop-up window mentioning a numeric error).

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 108 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
VicRattlehead wrote:

Midtown Madness 1 works with 2.53, but crashes before even getting to the menu with WIP 32.1

Thanks, fixed.

Is Webdiver a game?

lowenz wrote:

Request (NOT important): can you make dgVoodoo2 play along with OCAT? https://github.com/GPUOpen-Tools/OCAT
Or integrate OCAT OSD/monitoring functions.....

Until the next version is released, I don't want to do feature development. 😐

Reply 109 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
So pretty! Reminds me of a similar demo for 3dfx Glide. […]
Show full quote

So pretty! Reminds me of a similar demo for 3dfx Glide.

Dege, if you want to add "more card types" that check for things, there's a Direct3D version of "San Francisco Rush: The Rock" that came OEM with some video cards, I forget which. If you can track it down... There's a thread on VOGONS about it from ages ago that I participated in, we may have even come up with a patch to patch out the Vendor ID check, I forget.

(There's also the old Creative Unified Glide-Direct3D Wrapper which had Vendor ID checks for its installers, nobody has completely cracked those installers yet for all the versions they released. 😉 )

Mind you, I think it was the installers with the Vendor ID issue, not what they installed.

I'll check that demo. I wish I had much more time... 😁

Reply 111 of 1111, by RadonGOG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi dege. CoolGamer wrote something about HarryPotter II some pages earlier:

CoolGamer wrote:
(...) […]
Show full quote

(...)

On a separate note, I could not get "Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets PC Demo" to start with dgVoodoo v2.53 and WIP31. This is strange because Reshade3's compatibility page (linked below) says that it works perfectly via dgVoodoo2. I wonder if there was a regression at some point. You can download the 25mb free demo from the link below. I am not interested in that game, but when Reshade3 reports "perfect" compatibility, it means that depth buffer access is available. I downloaded it to check depth buffer compatibility.
https://reshade.me/compatibility
http://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=2099

Edit: I just tested the full version of Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets game and could not get that to run either.

Could you give that one a try? It´s a real cool game and I´d love to be able to force it into rendering UHD (which is possible just through the ini-files) with the help of your awesome tool...
Demo is on moddb as well BTW...
http://www.moddb.com/games/harry-potter-and-t … of-secrets-demo

Reply 112 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RadonGOG wrote:
Hi dege. CoolGamer wrote something about HarryPotter II some pages earlier: […]
Show full quote

CoolGamer wrote:
(...) […]
Show full quote

(...)

On a separate note, I could not get "Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets PC Demo" to start with dgVoodoo v2.53 and WIP31. This is strange because Reshade3's compatibility page (linked below) says that it works perfectly via dgVoodoo2. I wonder if there was a regression at some point. You can download the 25mb free demo from the link below. I am not interested in that game, but when Reshade3 reports "perfect" compatibility, it means that depth buffer access is available. I downloaded it to check depth buffer compatibility.

Edit: I just tested the full version of Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets game and could not get that to run either.

Could you give that one a try? It´s a real cool game and I´d love to be able to force it into rendering UHD (which is possible just through the ini-files) with the help of your awesome tool...

Hi!

@CoolGamer and RadonGog and everybody, I think it's a public information with common interest:

Well, the game actually works with dgVoodoo. This is an Unreal engine game and there is a common problem with it, affecting all games relying on that, I think:
- If such a game is run with a non-emulated scaling mode (unspecified, centered, stretched) then it should run just fine
- If an emulated scaling mode is applied (all others, 'keep aspect ratios*') then dgVoodoo stretches the game window to the size of the desktop. So that, Unreal engine works with a much larger window than expected. For some reason, if the difference between the expected and actual window size is too large, then the engine gets fooled into infinite mouse input (it's not a dgVoodoo issue) and so it stalls, or quits with an error message. All my test cases showed that expected window size had to be larger than half of the actual one. Let's see my case: I have a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution, so I have to set an in-game resolution (in the game .ini file) that is larger than 1280x720, or the game won't start.

(I guess everyone just set the scaling mode to 'Stretched, keep Aspect Ratio'. 😀 Altough it's not recommended, I do the same for myself. 😁. But I have a good reason: testing purposes. 😁 😁)

Reply 113 of 1111, by RadonGOG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Hi! […]
Show full quote
RadonGOG wrote:
Hi dege. CoolGamer wrote something about HarryPotter II some pages earlier: […]
Show full quote

CoolGamer wrote:
(...) […]
Show full quote

(...)

Hi!

@CoolGamer and RadonGog and everybody, I think it's a public information with common interest:

Well, the game actually works with dgVoodoo. This is an Unreal engine game and there is a common problem with it, affecting all games relying on that, I think:
- If such a game is run with a non-emulated scaling mode (unspecified, centered, stretched) then it should run just fine
- If an emulated scaling mode is applied (all others, 'keep aspect ratios*') then dgVoodoo stretches the game window to the size of the desktop. So that, Unreal engine works with a much larger window than expected. For some reason, if the difference between the expected and actual window size is too large, then the engine gets fooled into infinite mouse input (it's not a dgVoodoo issue) and so it stalls, or quits with an error message. All my test cases showed that expected window size had to be larger than half of the actual one. Let's see my case: I have a monitor with 2560x1440 resolution, so I have to set an in-game resolution (in the game .ini file) that is larger than 1280x720, or the game won't start.

(I guess everyone just set the scaling mode to 'Stretched, keep Aspect Ratio'. 😀 Altough it's not recommended, I do the same for myself. 😁. But I have a good reason: testing purposes. 😁 😁)

Thanks for your answer. In my ini-files, I´ve set res to 2048 times 1536, the highest working 4:3-res. But it doesn´t work anyways, it simply crashes with an error. The one I see all the time is the following:

Can't find file for package 'ALAudio'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- Uobject::StaticLoadClass <-
UEngine::InitAudio <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Any jup, tried out the steps you are doing on your PC. Didn´t work for me. Yes, even centered or unspecific didn´t work. (well, except if I´ve enabled softwareRendering in the ini-files, then it simply ignores everything 😁)
So, it did run for you? Or did just other UnrealEngineI-Games run for you and you haven´t tested the demo?

Reply 114 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I didn't try the demo because I have the full game. 😀
But yesterday I took over (again) the experimenting process I wrote about, on this game.
(But I remembered I had the same issue on other Unreal Engine games too, like Splinter Cell, etc.)

Does the demo work (launch) for you natively? 'InitAudio' indicates some audio problem.

Reply 115 of 1111, by RadonGOG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
I didn't try the demo because I have the full game. :) But yesterday I took over (again) the experimenting process I wrote about […]
Show full quote

But yesterday I took over (again) the experimenting process I wrote about, on this game.
(But I remembered I had the same issue on other Unreal Engine games too, like Splinter Cell, etc.)

Does the demo work (launch) for you natively? 'InitAudio' indicates some audio problem.

Oh, that´s of course even better. Didn´t thought of that because it´s not featured in the "games" section.

Yes, if I don´t insert the three dlls and the launcher or select the passthrough option it runs allright. Yes, this error is indeed very confusing for me; no idea what might have gone wrong.

Reply 117 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RadonGOG wrote:
Dege wrote:
I didn't try the demo because I have the full game. :) But yesterday I took over (again) the experimenting process I wrote about […]
Show full quote

Oh, that´s of course even better. Didn´t thought of that because it´s not featured in the "games" section.

Yes, if I don´t insert the three dlls and the launcher or select the passthrough option it runs allright. Yes, this error is indeed very confusing for me; no idea what might have gone wrong.

Uninstall and reinstall OpenAL?

Reply 118 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Installed the Creators Update, now I'll deeply (:D) test the infamous Win10 game mode with dgVoodoo2 but the game bar tool seems already problematic (no problem with vanilla dx runtime).

Question: the game mode "general switch" activate the game mode for *every* game or the game-specific setting is always needed?

Reply 119 of 1111, by RadonGOG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
RadonGOG wrote:
Dege wrote:
Show full quote

Uninstall and reinstall OpenAL?

Of course one could do that, but why? Once again, the (regular) game is working...

I tried it out anyways; didn´t work. (what a surprise)