VOGONS

First post, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Do anyone here have old Logitech Mouseware installation disks?

If yes, I would like to get copies of these for archival purposes. I know that quite much drivers can be found on different abandonware and driver websites, but I would like to find complete disk images. Usually the Logitech Mouseware drivers came on one or two 3.5" floppy disks.

These installation disks usually had drivers for both DOS and Windows 3.x / 9x.

WinImage can be used to make image files of the floppies, so if here is anyone willing to help, it would make me happy.

Reply 1 of 15, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There are a few versions in the collection at http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/dosearch.php?q=logitech but not in disk image format. I have some sort of an image of a later Win95 disk here.

Attachments

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 2 of 15, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for this file. I briefly had a look at the files inside and when tested the DOS mouse driver, it was version 7.30.

The file timestamps have all 7.40 so I thought it would be version 7.40, so I will have to install the Windows driver too to see what it shows.

What is the origin of this image? Is it from any of your own floppy disks or has it been found somewhere on the internet?

Anyway, I will test it how it works when installing it on W95.

Reply 3 of 15, by firage

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, it came from someone else's floppy dump. Haven't tried it, and frankly looks a little odd to me as WinImage doesn't read a label or the usual kind of boot sector on it.

My big-red-switch 486

Reply 9 of 15, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

mouseware.png

I'm still looking for different versions of Logitech Mouseware, so if you have any versions between 5.x - 7.0 on original floppy disks, please could you contact me. Disk images of these are what I'm looking after.

Reply 15 of 15, by markot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sjollico wrote on 2020-12-16, 06:30:

I have the original logitech floppy disks for Mouseware 7.5 if you still need (3 years later....)

Yes, if you could make disk images of the floppy disks, it would be nice.

I usually use WinImage myself when I make disk images of floppy disks, so I recommend that.

Please remember to write protect the floppy disks first. Windows tends to make own hidden directories on all floppy disks without telling user about that.