VOGONS

Fit Up

Topic actions

First post, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fit Up (available on the authors website here) seems to have some issues, so I thought I'd see if anyone here had had any luck with it. The author suggests using dosbox on their website, which would suggest he had it running without much difficulty.

There are two versions on the website.

The "100kb Dos Version" (v0.72) starts, but does not draw the bottom half of the screen.

The "Dos Version" (v0.90) seems to start fine, but after running a couple of boot checks (detects available memory, mouse, sb16), it just sits at a black screen.

I have tried the vanilla and svn versions of dosbox. I've fiddled around with cycles, core, cputype, and disabling upper/extended memory. I also disabled the sounds to verify the issue wasn't there.

The debug version shows it spending a few seconds doing repeated read/writes before it starts returning "illegal unhandled interrupt called 6 / Illegal/Unhandled opcode 0F0D" repeatedly.

Thanks

Reply 1 of 4, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This (like a few other games by Eclipse) expects video banks to be swapped when exceeding segment limits, which is something DOSBox doesn't support yet.
This could probably be fixed by patching the game, since there's a DOSBox fix for their other game Greedy which exhibits the same symptoms, but for now BOCHS is the only emulator I've tried which handled this correctly.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 4 of 4, by exofreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry to necro this thread, but I was messing with the thread again today and figured I'd check in and see if anyone had any news on progress patching this? Or if any of the X/svn/etc builds of dosbox had added support that may assist in running this? Thanks.