Reply 1160 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sf78 wrote:
appiah4 wrote:

Funny, I bought the Amiga version of that not long ago myself 😀

Yeah, I also bought it back in -91 and still have it. 😊 It's superior compared to the PC version because of the awesome sounds, but as with other Amiga games, it doesn't support a proper flight stick. It also requires an A1200 to run smoothly.

I run it on an A500 with a 42MHz 68000 CPU and 8MB Fast RAM, it runs pretty well. 😀

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1161 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

^^ Nice pickups here. I got Battlehawks 1942 myself a while back which I believe only comes in a small cardboard box?

No idea if this game is good? But I'm a fan of French games in general. Love all the little extras too.

4rjT6YQl.jpg
z4N2Wozl.jpg
uas0D7Nl.jpg
WyQj1FFl.jpg
d7A8HZll.jpg

Reply 1162 of 1908, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:

No idea if this game is good? But I'm a fan of French games in general. Love all the little extras too.

If you're into adventure games and/or Lovecraft I think you're gonna like it. Maybe it's not at the same level of Sierra or Lucasarts games, but I remember it being quite enjoyable when I played it (more than 20 years ago). In fact, I have a cheap CD version (without all the cool extras) that I bought a few years ago so I may fire it up again one of these days...

Reply 1163 of 1908, by WildW

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This came into my posession this week as part of a big lot of old games . . . never heard of it until now. So far I've only managed to get it to run playably on Dosbox, two real machines have had issues running it one way or another.

chasm.jpg

Reply 1164 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:

^^ Nice pickups here. I got Battlehawks 1942 myself a while back which I believe only comes in a small cardboard box?

Yeah, I have the Amiga version in a small box too. Then again, many 80's games had smaller boxes and the race didn't start until the early 90's Sierra games.

Last edited by sf78 on 2017-08-18, 13:08. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1165 of 1908, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I also got some games after a couple of years of almost no old game purchases:

C2pDxU0l.jpg

oB39Smrl.jpg

9JIXIQrl.jpg

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1167 of 1908, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I REALLY liked that Aces of the Pacific box. I remember it well. Wish I'd kept it...I think I still have the manual, at least.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 1168 of 1908, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

I also got some games after a couple of years of almost no old game purchases:

Ooohhh Sensible Soccer! We spent hours upon hours on that one with my friends, recreating my country's local league. customizing team uniforms and player names... good memories.

And that Kyrandia box, is it a release of the entire trilogy? Very cool.

Reply 1169 of 1908, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

20 years ago my PC was a Cyrix 6x86, and I was happy until I got into early 3D games. Adjusting to life up north, I got NHL 97, the first 3D game in the series. It was strictly software rendered.
With a Cyrix.
It wasn't that bad really, but it wasn't very good either.

This week, while setting up a super socket 7 system it got me thinking. Maybe I can upgrade.

The eBay seller called it "the most realistic and fun hockey game ever made."

back700.jpg
Filename
back700.jpg
File size
106.39 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Oh.

Everybody on the internet reveres NHL 98, so I think I should play it. Nobody remembers 97 except me.
Cyrix sucks at floating point 3D games, but I'm ready to rise to the occasion here.

CPUs_700.jpg
Filename
CPUs_700.jpg
File size
89.85 KiB
Views
File comment
It's gonna happen. We can do this.
File license

The best part is that 98 is hip with the times and supports Glide! Now, even more than ever, I want a working Voodoo card. I have a dead Voodoo, a dead Voodoo2, and two dead Voodoo 3s. But there's still a chance - I'm crossing my fingers on a stored 3500 that I've never been able to hook up to a monitor. I'm going to laugh if it works because I got that thing long before all the others, back when they were cheap.

Requirements: Pentium 90, 16MB RAM. Supported 3D cards: 3dfx Voodoo, Voodoo Rush

The box is still in shrinkwrap, so it's like 1998 all over again.

Attachments

• front600.jpg
    Filename
    front600.jpg
    File size
    95.74 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1170 of 1908, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjt wrote:
^^ Nice pickups here. I got Battlehawks 1942 myself a while back which I believe only comes in a small cardboard box? […]
Show full quote

4rjT6YQl.jpg
z4N2Wozl.jpg
uas0D7Nl.jpg
WyQj1FFl.jpg
d7A8HZll.jpg

I can't find anything about that Infogrames collection on Google. What all does it contain?

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 1171 of 1908, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

infogrames collection? that's just a brochure with infograme's games at the time - basically an ad.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1172 of 1908, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

infogrames collection? that's just a brochure with infograme's games at the time - basically an ad.

*Facepalm* I need my eyes checked. At first I mistook the brochure for a box.

All the same do you have any plans to scan that?

I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction

Reply 1173 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, it's not a game as such. More like a "how to waste hours pretending to be an astronaut", but it was 1€ from recycling so what the heck.

Attachments

• ms.jpg
    Filename
    ms.jpg
    File size
    157.2 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1174 of 1908, by dexter311

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Finally picked up my first boxed Larry games! Was pretty lucky to get these, they popped up on a local classifieds site for €10 each and I was in the right place at the right time. The guy reckons he had 50+ messages between when I set up the deal and when I picked them up.

They're mostly complete (no serviette unfortunately) and in English too, which is a welcome bonus!

S2CAtJvl.jpg

Reply 1175 of 1908, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexter311 wrote:

Finally picked up my first boxed Larry games! Was pretty lucky to get these, they popped up on a local classifieds site for €10 each and I was in the right place at the right time. The guy reckons he had 50+ messages between when I set up the deal and when I picked them up.

very nice! (and nice to hear someone honor a deal when you know others probably offered more after you accepted!)

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 1176 of 1908, by JidaiGeki

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
dexter311 wrote:
Finally picked up my first boxed Larry games! Was pretty lucky to get these, they popped up on a local classifieds site for €10 […]
Show full quote

They're mostly complete (no serviette unfortunately) and in English too, which is a welcome bonus!

S2CAtJvl.jpg

Lovely! LSLIII was my first ever Sierra game, still remember large parts of it ... will play the whole series again once I get the right computers set up for it.

Oh, and from time to time Al Lowe sells stuff on eBay! https://www.ebay.com/sch/AL_LOWE/m.html?_ipg= … &_sop=12&_rdc=1 Wish I had had cash for some of the stuff he sold

Reply 1177 of 1908, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JidaiGeki wrote:
dexter311 wrote:
Finally picked up my first boxed Larry games! Was pretty lucky to get these, they popped up on a local classifieds site for €10 […]
Show full quote

S2CAtJvl.jpg

Lovely! LSLIII was my first ever Sierra game, still remember large parts of it ... will play the whole series again once I get the right computers set up for it.

Oh, and from time to time Al Lowe sells stuff on eBay! https://www.ebay.com/sch/AL_LOWE/m.html?_ipg= … &_sop=12&_rdc=1 Wish I had had cash for some of the stuff he sold

Rumor has it he's not doing that great financially and that's why he's selling stuff.

Reply 1178 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This will complement my X-Wing Collector's CD well and help with housing it in a big box..

med_gallery_60983_11505_10914.jpg

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1179 of 1908, by Synthoridity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sealed Ultimate DOOM IBM CD-ROM big box (US/CAN version).

sealed ultimate doom big box.JPG
Filename
sealed ultimate doom big box.JPG
File size
306.44 KiB
Views
File license

Unboxing pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8mfh2465et7ruxd/AA … HryVENXcSa?dl=0