Topic actions

Reply 60 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Synyster7 wrote:
Peixoto wrote:
Synyster7 wrote:

I keep getting a directx error after launching Resident evil 2 sourcenext version. it loads fine with out them i just get an error "Failed to initialize DirectX"

Try to create a trace file with api trace: this one should be possible to fix

im not sure how too sorry

Its quite simple:

- donwload apitrace : http://apitrace.github.io/#download

- place the ddraw.dll file in teh game folder

- run the game (from the patch)

You will find the .trace file in the game folder afterwards. For your problem, the trace file should be short enough and the error easy to spot, so i can probably fix it.

Also post your error.log file please (it will be in the patch folder)

Reply 61 of 890, by Synyster7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i will thank you for taking the time to explain it to me ill post my finding

EDIT: heres my error file but for some reason i couldnt get apitrace to make a trace file for some reason

Attachments

• Filename
    error.log
    File size
    2.54 KiB
    Downloads
    135 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 63 of 890, by Synyster7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:

New update: might solve problems with FMVs on dino Crisis

heres the that file u need to help me with that error https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sndwjTRoA … bVBpVUZONkVTbkk

Reply 64 of 890, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Please make a patch for
- Doom2 using the soundengine of Doom1.
- PinballDreams1+2 and PinballFantasies to work with ESS1938-PCI
- Duke3D/Root/ShadoWarriro to work with ESS1938-PCI

Thx
Doc

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 65 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Synyster7 wrote:
Peixoto wrote:

heres the that file u need to help me with that error https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2sndwjTRoA … bVBpVUZONkVTbkk

Well, what happens is that you're running the game windowed, and as the documentation states:

"For the Sourcenext version, just start the game once without the patch and use F8 to switch to fullscreen. Then you can start again using the patch"

Reply 66 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
dr.zeissler wrote:
Please make a patch for - Doom2 using the soundengine of Doom1. - PinballDreams1+2 and PinballFantasies to work with ESS1938-PC […]
Show full quote

Please make a patch for
- Doom2 using the soundengine of Doom1.
- PinballDreams1+2 and PinballFantasies to work with ESS1938-PCI
- Duke3D/Root/ShadoWarriro to work with ESS1938-PCI

Thx
Doc

This is not the type of job for the tools i employ, sorry

Reply 67 of 890, by Synyster7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote:
Synyster7 wrote:
Peixoto wrote:

Well, what happens is that you're running the game windowed, and as the documentation states:

"For the Sourcenext version, just start the game once without the patch and use F8 to switch to fullscreen. Then you can start again using the patch"

nevermind i got it to work thanks for the fixes 😀

Reply 68 of 890, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Please take a look at Sanitarium (GOG Version) when you have time. DXWnd wrapper that comes with the GOG version does not work well for everyone. If you can fix compatibility issues, do high quality upscaling and texture dumping for Sanitarium, it will benefit everyone.

I currently use dgVoodoo with Sanitarium but it requires 8bit reduced color mode to be set via Windows compatibility toolkit. The posts below have some discussion about this:
dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Please also take a look at "Evil Dead: Hail to the King" (2001) when you have time. That game does not work at all on my Windows 7 pc.

Reply 69 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
CoolGamer wrote:
Please take a look at Sanitarium (GOG Version) when you have time. DXWnd wrapper that comes with the GOG version does not work […]
Show full quote

Please take a look at Sanitarium (GOG Version) when you have time. DXWnd wrapper that comes with the GOG version does not work well for everyone. If you can fix compatibility issues, do high quality upscaling and texture dumping for Sanitarium, it will benefit everyone.

I currently use dgVoodoo with Sanitarium but it requires 8bit reduced color mode to be set via Windows compatibility toolkit. The posts below have some discussion about this:

Please also take a look at "Evil Dead: Hail to the King" (2001) when you have time. That game does not work at all on my Windows 7 pc.

I will add Evil Dead to my "games to fix list". Sanitarium it already there

Reply 71 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
catfromnesbox wrote:

hey could you check on the ''Chaos Legion'' its a fantastic game but it crash randomly and i had a problem playing it with the xbox 360 controller

Bugs are fixable when you can reproduce them, or with a good description that can hint their cause

"Random crashes" are not something easy to chase (for me at least), if you could find a way to reproduce those crashes, i could try to fix them

the xbox controller thing is probably pretty simple, i will add that game to the list

Reply 72 of 890, by Curlyoxide

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

(Tomb Raider Last Revelation) = Is it possible to use your patch plus dgvoodoo2 so I can use 2560x1440 resolution?

I get "failed to setup directx " error with 2560x1440 [native resolution] but if I go down to 1920x1080 its loads with your patch

Is there a procedure that I can do to use both?

Reply 73 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Curlyoxide wrote:

(Tomb Raider Last Revelation) = Is it possible to use your patch plus dgvoodoo2 so I can use 2560x1440 resolution?

I get "failed to setup directx " error with 2560x1440 [native resolution] but if I go down to 1920x1080 its loads with your patch

Is there a procedure that I can do to use both?

Use the "force native resolution" option

Reply 74 of 890, by Curlyoxide

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The option is enabled since I use the HD FMVs

But I have to set my desktop resolution down to 1920x1080 just to be able to run the game thru your patch help.exe if I have my desktop set to 2560x1440 and run it thru help.exe it errors

My specs are gtx1070 Win10 have image mounted with daemon tools

install procedure mounted cd-installed game-ran multipatch-ran help.exe

Now if I add dgvoodoo2 dlls into directory of tomb4.exe and just click on the tomb4.exe I can load game just fine at 2560x1440 but not able to take advantage of your patch fixes

Last edited by Curlyoxide on 2017-10-09, 03:56. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 75 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Curlyoxide wrote:
The option is enabled since I use the HD FMVs […]
Show full quote

The option is enabled since I use the HD FMVs

But I have to set my desktop resolution down to 1920x1080 just to be able to run the game thru your patch help.exe if I have my desktop set to 2560x1440 and run it thru help.exe it errors

My specs are gtx1070 Win10 have image mounted with daemon tools

install procedure mounted cd-installed game-ran multipatch-ran help.exe

Now if I add dgvoodoo2 dlls into directory of tomb4.exe and just click on the exe I can load game just fine at 2560x1440 but not able to take advantage of your patch fixes

Update the patch and if it doesn't help, post you error.log

2560x1440 is your monitors native resolution or you are using DSR? If it is DSR, it won't work with my patch

Reply 76 of 890, by Curlyoxide

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My monitor native resolution is 2560x1440 and I use the tombraiderchronicles multi patch that you highlight in your setup after I install the game

my error log of when my desktop res is set to 2560x1440

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
args: setup
compatlayer: FaultTolerantHeap
Controller: A=1;B=2;X=3;Y=4;LEFT_SHOULDER=5;RIGHT_SHOULDER=6;bLeftTrigger=7;bRightTrigger=8;start=9;back=10;LEFT_THUMB=11;RIGHT_THUMB=12;deadzone=0.25;
d3D: 3
d3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9ab613610b40aa98\nvldumd.dll
dshow: 1
error_log: C:\Games\Tomb4\Peixoto\Peixoto\error.log
HD: 1
HideBorder: 1
injector_dir: C:\Games\Tomb4\Peixoto\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 1920x1440
modspath: C:\Users\dshep\Documents\Games\TombRaider4\mods
Mydocs: C:\Users\dshep\Documents
NEFS: 1
os_version: 10.000000
resolutions_list: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1600x900 1600x1024 1600x1200 1680x1050 1920x1080 1920x1200 1920x1440 2560x1440
script: Scripts\Tomb4.ahk
script_hwnd: 0x610de
target: C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation\tomb4.exe
target_dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\Core Design\Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation
target_name: tomb4.exe
Textswap: path=C:\Users\dshep\Documents\Games\TombRaider4\Textures;samples=4;thumbnail=256;Next=];Prev=[;dump=o;Switch=i;color_switch=u;Quick=;ddraw=True;nopopins=False;

Succedeed to create the DirectShow interfaces
Succeeded to hook IVideoWindow::SetWindowPosition
Succeeded to hook IMediaControl::Run
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to create the DirectInput8 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDeviceW::GetDeviceState
Succeeded to hook IDirectInputDevice8W::GetDeviceState
Desktop 2560x1440
Direct3D user mode driver implemented in C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9ab613610b40aa98\nvldumd.dll
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DirectDrawCreate Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::restore
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D3::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::SetTexture
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::Unlock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::SetViewPort2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DViewport3::Clear2
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw4::SetCooperativeLevel
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface4::GetAttachedSurface
0 <- 0 means no error
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice3::BeginScene
IDirect3DDevice3::DrawPrimitive is already hooked
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 1
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 1
Releasing Clipper 0
Releasing Clipper 0

My .trace file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6DbGsQFturp … iew?usp=sharing

I appreciate the help,even if I can’t use my native resolution with tomb raider 4 by dropping down to a lower res, your patch does wonders to enjoy this older game on Win10

Thank you

Reply 77 of 890, by uncaged

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings!
First of all thank you, Peixoto, for sharing such an amazing patch. It is wonderful to see these games working like charm on modern systems.
I have just one minor complain about Onimusha. It runs great, but it is not fullscreen on my PC.
See, that brown blurred line at the bottom of the screenshot? That is taskbar of my desktop. I cant understand if that is patch or something on my side. The monitor is 1280x1024, Windows 7. Can you please take a look at this issue. Please, let me know if you need any additional info. Thank you 😀
https://imgur.com/wUlR6ls

Reply 78 of 890, by Ivan89el

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Peixoto. Could you add to your wonderful patch game a Megaman Legends? On the PC game looks better than on consoles. I would like normal playback of movies and high resolution with widescreen.

Reply 79 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ivan89el wrote:

Hey Peixoto. Could you add to your wonderful patch game a Megaman Legends? On the PC game looks better than on consoles. I would like normal playback of movies and high resolution with widescreen.

I'm not a McDonalds restaurant, but i added it to my "games to patch" list

uncaged wrote:
Greetings! First of all thank you, Peixoto, for sharing such an amazing patch. It is wonderful to see these games working like c […]
Show full quote

Greetings!
First of all thank you, Peixoto, for sharing such an amazing patch. It is wonderful to see these games working like charm on modern systems.
I have just one minor complain about Onimusha. It runs great, but it is not fullscreen on my PC.
See, that brown blurred line at the bottom of the screenshot? That is taskbar of my desktop. I cant understand if that is patch or something on my side. The monitor is 1280x1024, Windows 7. Can you please take a look at this issue. Please, let me know if you need any additional info. Thank you 😀
https://imgur.com/wUlR6ls

That happens because onimusha is forced to run non-exclusive fullscreen (a borderless maximized window) and in monitors with an aspect ratio narrower then 4:3 the patch uses the maximum 4:3 resolution supported by the system instead of the native resolution. To solve your problem, change your computer's resolution to 1280 x 960 before you start the game

Curlyoxide wrote:

My monitor native resolution is 2560x1440 and I use the tombraiderchronicles multi patch that you highlight in your setup after I install the game

my error log of when my desktop res is set to 2560x1440

Thank you

I will release an update soon the might solve your problem but in the meantime i will suggest again you download the latest version of the patch. I seems you're not using it