What game are you playing now?

Topic actions

Reply 960 of 5920, by mrau

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote:

Baldur's Gate.. Almost finished with the Baldur's Gate missions I think, about to head into the Iron Throne subplot. After that I'll probably do Durlag's Tower.

youll die down there, what lvl are You even?

Reply 961 of 5920, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Replaying Darwinia (and streaming it on Twitch as a personal side-quest to reduce my timidity)

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 962 of 5920, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mrau wrote:
appiah4 wrote:

Baldur's Gate.. Almost finished with the Baldur's Gate missions I think, about to head into the Iron Throne subplot. After that I'll probably do Durlag's Tower.

Midway through 7 I believe?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 963 of 5920, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just got a digital copy of Sacred Gold on steam.. It silently went on sale for $2.50. I bought it even though I own the hard copy.

Forgot how much I love Sacred and Sacred 2. I sure wish they could have handed enough control to the community for us to keep online mode working without having to resort to LAN tunneling.. Thank god LAN was included though 😊

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 965 of 5920, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote:

I headbanged thoroughly about my mancave repeatedly for the blind guardian concert in sacred 2!!!!!!

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 966 of 5920, by mrau

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
appiah4 wrote:
mrau wrote:

not yet done iron throme but already 7? 😮 either You do this al ot better than me or im just confucius right now
i remember Durlag as quite hard, at least the lower part; the upper part had a nice plot iirc but they did not develop it enough

Reply 967 of 5920, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mrau wrote:
appiah4 wrote:
mrau wrote:

not yet done iron throme but already 7? 😮 either You do this al ot better than me or im just confucius right now
i remember Durlag as quite hard, at least the lower part; the upper part had a nice plot iirc but they did not develop it enough

I've been taking my time and doing every side quest I can, so it did take me to mid 7 by the time I'm at Iron Throne. After Candlekeep I should be Level 8. Durlag would be tough but the loot would be worth it IIRC. 😀

Reply 968 of 5920, by tiben

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm playing Phantasy Star on SMS to give another try to RPG genre i never managed to appreciate. Things could change as i take a real pleasure playing this one. Before this one i played "Cadaver" Dos version and managed to go to the third level. I'll resume this one once Phantasy star finished. Aside I'm reguraly playing Last Resort on Neo Geo, a great shmup i challenge myself to finish without using any continue. i'm now able to go up to the last boss level but starting to level 4 this game is fucking hard.

Reply 969 of 5920, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cool! I have a copy of Phantasy Star here that I've been meaning to get serious about - I replaced the cart's battery recently so have no excuses now.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 970 of 5920, by tiben

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@badmojo

Because its the first RPG game i really dived in, i can't recommand it more than another, but ihmo it's a really good game. It as a solid story
and its engine and graphics are really impressive for an sms game so if you have the original cartridge and an SMS you should definitively take it a look! 3D Dungeon crawling can be a little boring though. I like to play games as they were thought to play by the time so i draw on paper plans of dungeons but they can be found on the net.

Reply 971 of 5920, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've now got 5 out of 9 map pieces in Realms of Arkania I: Blade of Destiny. I started my travels from Thorwal north through Felsteyn, explored the northern peninsula, then chartered a ship from Liskor to Kord. Happened to get a map piece from Swafnild Egilsdotter, who was captaining the ship I chartered, and she dropped me off at Kord. From there we hiked across the peninsula to Prem, one of the largest cities in Arkania. From Prem we traveled by foot to Skyal and now Ottarje. We could charter another ship across the gulf, but I think we'll stick to land travel. We are in late Autumn, with winter fast approaching, so we'll stick to the coast to stay warm. The plan is to travel through Daspota towards Phexcaer and eventually to Hermit's Lake. Although, I am curious what island of Hjalland is like! I'm sure we'll make our way there eventually.

mapa_blade.gif
Filename
mapa_blade.gif
File size
67.95 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 972 of 5920, by 95DosBox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
xjas wrote:
Sat down to play Out There Somewhere and accidentally clicked on Out There: Omega Edition instead. Yes, these are two entirely d […]
Show full quote

Sat down to play Out There Somewhere and accidentally clicked on Out There: Omega Edition instead. Yes, these are two entirely different games.

I bought OT:Omega during a steam sale months ago and hadn't tried it yet, so I figured I may as well give it a go.

Four hours later, my evening was gone & I was BLOWN AWAY by it. It's a fairly casual exploration game but don't let that put you off. The music & art direction are top notch and really set the atmosphere, which absolutely makes the whole thing work. The story isn't overly deep but it's set in a fascinating broader universe based on seriously hard sci-fi concepts. The best comparison I can make is a darker, lonelier cousin to Star Control II.

My only complaints are the locations of the stars are fixed, even though their content is randomized (a semi-random universe geography based on some simple restrictions to make sure travel is possible would have been cool), and achievements don't seem to be working. But whatever.

If you like Starcon 2, Homeworld, Strange Adventures in Infinite Space (there's your obscure 68k Mac game reference of the day!) or even traditional 4X games, definitely grab this one and give it a shot.

outthere.jpg

(And pick up 'Out There Somewhere' too while you're at it, it's like a buck and it's delightful!)

This one might be too Oldbie for you but if you were addicted to this game for four hours you should really try Starflight 1 and Starflight 2: Trade Routes of the Cloud Nebula. The graphics would be a bit outdated today in comparison but the gameplay and story was more in depth and fit on two 360KB floppy diskettes. The first Starflight 1 was probably the most immersive and if you beat the game you can continue exploring the galaxy unlike SF2. SF1 you could try Tandy graphics mode for 16 Colors or live in CGA 4 color nostalgia. SF2 could use EGA and VGA but 16 Colors max from what I could recall. Star Control 2 as you stated earlier being similar had its origins in Starflight so if you enjoyed SC2 you should play these two. Both games predated Sound Cards being utilized in this game but were still impressive as what they could do on less than 720KB of code. The Tandy 3-Voice might add to these games but I only used the original PC internal speaker so that might enhance the game.

😊

Reply 973 of 5920, by psychz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just done with the PC port of NiGHTS into Dreams. Started the sequel (NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams/Wii) in Dolphin.

Stojke wrote:

Its not like components found in trash after 20 years in rain dont still work flawlessly.

:: chemical reaction :: athens in love || reality is absent || spectrality || meteoron || the lie you believe

Reply 974 of 5920, by olddos25

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just Cause 3 on PS4. It is just addicting ☺️

Just another user that likes old OSes and videogames, nothing interesting to see here...
Other places to find me:
DraStic: http://drastic-ds.com (as dsattorney)

Reply 976 of 5920, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Strangely i just finished Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness DOS Human missions I think 500th times, this game just does something for me.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 977 of 5920, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
JetSetWilly wrote:

Wasteland 2 Director´s Cut (PC). A deep, challenging, very rich and addictive CRPG.

Can you compare it to Wasteland 2?

Finished the Baldurs Gate city missions and ended up in Candlekeep so the tower is going to have to wait..

Reply 978 of 5920, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cyberdyne wrote:

Strangely i just finished Warcraft 2 Tides of Darkness DOS Human missions I think 500th times, this game just does something for me.

That is a wonderful piece of software 😎

Life? Don't talk to me about life.