VOGONS

Reply 301 of 894, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

looks good keropi 😀 i'm really happy and can't await to get that thing into my PS/2 Model 40SX.
With MIDI Daughterboard attached ! so no damn external Module will waste my space 😁

Very good work!

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 303 of 894, by dpl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Great news Keropi!

A Yamaha DB50-XG arrived this week so aside from hooking it up to my MT-32, I'll happily test that board with this card and report the results if anyone's interested...

If all goes well these are going to be some thrilling holidays! 😉

- Rick

(I've decided to register at Vogons too so I can join the excitement -- and there's plenty of other fun stuff around here too)

Reply 306 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks guys
atm marmes is also testing and a card will be sent to dreamblaster to get that "Official Dreamblaster S2/X2 certification" 🤣 so there will be 3 test cards and 17 for sale. After that another 100 will be made, that's the plan if all goes as expected.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 307 of 894, by dreamblaster

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Very much looking forward to it !!!
thanks keropi and marmes !

Visit http://www.serdashop.com for retro sound cards, video converters, ...
DreamBlaster X2, S2, S2P, HDD Clicker, ... many projects !
New X2GS SE & X16GS sound card : https://www.serdashop.com/X2GS-SE ,
Thanks for your support !

Reply 308 of 894, by Nutricula87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote:

thanks guys
atm marmes is also testing and a card will be sent to dreamblaster to get that "Official Dreamblaster S2/X2 certification" 🤣 so there will be 3 test cards and 17 for sale. After that another 100 will be made, that's the plan if all goes as expected.

100 cards! (assuming all goes well) That's fantastic! I was a little worried before that there wouldn't be enough to go around. Great news.

Reply 309 of 894, by dpl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nutricula87 wrote:
keropi wrote:

thanks guys

100 cards! (assuming all goes well) That's fantastic! I was a little worried before that there wouldn't be enough to go around. Great news.

I am hoping for the sake of effort that obviously went into realizing this project that demand will sky-rocket once the first batch has been released. 😀
Especially now that it's even getting Dreamblaster certification, I'd expect that there will be a lot more people that want to get their hands onto them...

Reply 310 of 894, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:
well, I got some pics with a XR385 - just to see how it all fits :D […]
Show full quote

well, I got some pics with a XR385 - just to see how it all fits 😁

F2YxrQYl.jpg

Holy crap it's bluetiful!! OK i need to started selling my spare HW, to get one of these. Are the PCB's gonna be blue for the selling batch?

Reply 311 of 894, by the Goat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It is probably way too late to make this change, but asking can't hurt. . . Is it possible for the production cards to have stereo RCA connectors instead of the 3.5mm phone connector (headphone jack) for the wave blaster line level output?

Reply 312 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

@Carlos
yep, all the cards will be blue 😁

@the Goat
Having 2 RCA holes along with the DB9 cutout on the bracket will weaken it - we are not in a position to use those thick pressed and "thermally painted silver" brackets all the commercial cards use (don't know the English word for that process that resembles galvanization) and we are limited to 1mm thick inox cnc cut brackets. You can always use one of those 3.5mm->RCA converters that have a small length :

5x09s8.jpg

plus it's easier for most users to use a small 3.5mm patch cable to feed the audio output to their SB/ESS/whatever card 😉

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 313 of 894, by the Goat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

@the Goat
Having 2 RCA holes along with the DB9 cutout on the bracket will weaken it . . .

Understood. The RCA connectors would only a nice to have. Definitely not a hard requirement.

Reply 314 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is a pic of a great combo, the S2's unique sound + whatever external modules one needs to cover all bases 😀

dCzaulvl.jpg

Reply 315 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:
Here is a pic of a great combo, the S2's unique sound + whatever external modules one needs to cover all bases :) […]
Show full quote

Here is a pic of a great combo, the S2's unique sound + whatever external modules one needs to cover all bases 😀

dCzaulvl.jpg

Sweet! What do the jumpers do behind the headphone jack? Is it for volume control or something else? Also, will the chip that has the window have a sticker on there to prevent the chip from erasing itself when exposed to light? Out of curiosity.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 316 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yes the jumpers are exactly made for this: volume control as some daughterboards like the XR385 do output loudly and cause clipping/distortion.
And yes, there will be a proper label on the eprom (like in the past) don't worry about that. This is just a prototype/test card that stays and works indoors 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reply 317 of 894, by Staticblast

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ooooh, shiny!

Looking good, I'm going to have to make sure I have the cash for it squirrelled away. 😀

4-in-1 build (thanks Phil!): AMD K6-III+ 450 / SOYO 5EMA+ / 128MB SDRAM / 80GB Seagate HDD / Voodoo 3 3000 / Orchid Righteous 3D / Sound Blaster CT2960 / MPU-401 PCMIDI Clone / HxC Floppy Emulator / 15" CRT monitor