VOGONS

First post, by NUT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. Please move if necesseary. Now I bought (well actually thanks to a voucher) 😉 Got Network Q RAC Rally with the x-miles add on. Now I believe I have got the main game working fine but having real trouble getting the x-miles add on to install (the cd is the crucual entertainment version if it helps)

I've uploaded a pic of the attachment (I think it's because the install for the x-files is a exe file maybe and dosbox don't play ball with exe files I believe

Attachments

• rally.jpg
    Filename
    rally.jpg
    File size
    228.99 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by Osprey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Saying that you have "real trouble getting the x-miles add on to install" doesn't give us much to go on. What happens when you run XINSTALL.EXE in DOSBox? Is there an error message and what is it?

Reply 4 of 4, by NUT

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Osprey wrote:

Saying that you have "real trouble getting the x-miles add on to install" doesn't give us much to go on. What happens when you run XINSTALL.EXE in DOSBox? Is there an error message and what is it?

Absolutely nothing as i've been completely dopey and managed to figure it out myself DO'H! 🤣!

One thing I would say though the sound very crackly i'm sure there is a way to get it sounding perfect though.................?