Common searches

Bought these games today

Topic actions

Reply 1200 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's actually why I didn't notice the ACID budget label, here's the original cover and packaging (same size and cover, only color contents):

18668-f-15-strike-eagle-ii-amiga-front-cover.jpg

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 1201 of 1908, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sf78 wrote:

Another nearby listing I found, really happy about these (80e shipped). 😊

games1.jpg
games2.jpg

Is that the shareware box for Heretic? Very snazzy!

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 1202 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote:

Is that the shareware box for Heretic? Very snazzy!

No, it's the full version with 1.2 upgrade on a disk. The full version was the only one released in EU I think. I presume the SW version was a US release only. Here are the rest of the games from that seller, most of which I decided to skip. There are quite a few interesting titles in there, the asking price was 150e for the lot:

https://imgur.com/gallery/WVwZH

Remember to load the additional pics from the bottom of the page. 😊

Reply 1203 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Picked up a sealed copy of Gametek's Road Warrior. I have been looking for a mint copy for a long time. A sort of sequel to Quarantine. Although Quarantine had superior gameplay IMO, Road Warrior had the better SVGA graphics.

IMG_0574.JPG
Filename
IMG_0574.JPG
File size
211.7 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by liqmat on 2017-09-23, 15:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1205 of 1908, by WildW

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Car boot sale goodies brought to you by the letter M. Mechwarrior, Maxis, and Might & Magic.

2017-09-17 14.55.04.jpg
Filename
2017-09-17 14.55.04.jpg
File size
306.24 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1206 of 1908, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bought this today for my win98 rig. Since I suck at crimson skies I'll probably suck at this too, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    375.5 KiB
    Views
    File license

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 1207 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
buckeye wrote:

Bought this today for my win98 rig. Since I suck at crimson skies I'll probably suck at this too, but nothing ventured nothing gained.

The two games couldnt be more different but this is a marvelous game. You will wish you had the 400 page manual though 😉

Reply 1208 of 1908, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
appiah4 wrote:
That's actually why I didn't notice the ACID budget label, here's the original cover and packaging (same size and cover, only co […]
Show full quote

That's actually why I didn't notice the ACID budget label, here's the original cover and packaging (same size and cover, only color contents):

18668-f-15-strike-eagle-ii-amiga-front-cover.jpg

I never noticed such box exist. 😳

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 1209 of 1908, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got these for < $10 total

Something about overlooked productivity software thats still NOS 😀 heh.

R4Kw0q1h.jpg
jlbRVCXh.jpg

b6cPitdh.jpg
cUyu0cSh.jpg

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 1210 of 1908, by Synthoridity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently got the big box version of The Ultimate DOOM Trilogy. It can be seen in this photo of DOOM games I own:
* https://www.dropbox.com/s/ww5zb45snbtrulo/17- … 0games.JPG?dl=0

And here is some Quake stuff...

quake wrong item 1040x800.jpg
Filename
quake wrong item 1040x800.jpg
File size
667.19 KiB
Views
File license

This is the US version of the big box release of Quake. I received it by accident. I actually ordered Mission Pack 1, but the seller got the games mixed up, so someone else who bought Quake instead ended up with the Mission Pack (and never contacted the seller for some reason). The seller gave me two refund options, one of which involved sending the game back. I chose the refund option that allowed me to keep the game. I already own a Digipak (and an Australian big box release) of Quake, but I didn't have the US big box. The source code of the Digipak from the US box I got is "24-CCITY" (I don't know what store in the US that refers to).

I'll find Scourge of Armagon elsewhere.

sealed quake mission pack 2 us big box.JPG
Filename
sealed quake mission pack 2 us big box.JPG
File size
94.2 KiB
Views
File license

And here is Mission Pack 2, brand new (this is the US version; an Australian version of this exists, but it is hard to find). Unboxing pictures are here:
* https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o3920cgs6tkwm6l/AA … JJtqQv_M-a?dl=0

Removing the cardboard insert/support without totally destroying the box was ridiculously difficult. That insert was in there so tight that the box was nearly splitting apart (it already split a little in two places). Once I finally got the insert out, I decided to just flatten it as that darn thing really can not fit in the box properly.

The jewel case was sealed in plastic. As for the shrink wrap on the box, I had to slide it off in order to fully remove the horrible cardboard insert. I put the wrap back on the box afterwards (where possible, I like to keep most of the shrink wrap intact on big box games that I open).

Reply 1211 of 1908, by SiliconClassics

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bought this lot of old Mac games & software on eBay because I wanted Amorphium Pro, a 3D modeling package.

Mac Software Amorphium.jpg
Filename
Mac Software Amorphium.jpg
File size
447.4 KiB
Views
File license

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

Reply 1212 of 1908, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wow, such a nice bundle.

Do any of you have a similar pain as I do? I buy and collect these games but have no room to display them so they get stored in IKEA boxes.. It's such a big pain.

Hopefully we get to move to a larger home one day and I get to have a study room of my own (read: man cave..)

Reply 1213 of 1908, by SiliconClassics

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
appiah4 wrote:

Do any of you have a similar pain as I do? I buy and collect these games but have no room to display them so they get stored in IKEA boxes..

99% of my hardware and software is boxed away in a storage unit because I don't have the room to display it at home. It's a real bummer and I hope to someday soon have a house with a dedicated toy room / man cave for my retro-computing collection.

Silicon Classics on: YouTube | Twitter | Google+

Reply 1214 of 1908, by sf78

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not exactly a game as such, but I found this on it's way to trash. Haven't checked it out yet.

Attachments

• demo.jpg
    Filename
    demo.jpg
    File size
    200.62 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 1216 of 1908, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks interesting! Who is the player in the depicted scenario? The mermaid or one of the space dudes? Surely not the Terror Dog knock off?

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 1217 of 1908, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If I remember correctly you play all three at various points in the game.

Not sure why I thought this was a British game, the studio was in California. Must be because a lot of the voice actors were British.

Reply 1218 of 1908, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bjt wrote:
Another kind of obscure British game […]
Show full quote

Another kind of obscure British game

QlAvu8Ol.jpg

Bought that game when it was new. Good choice and nice score on the boxed copy. Looks mint. Armed and Dangerous is another one from that dev that has very similar qualities and also a fun shooter.

Reply 1219 of 1908, by TheAbandonwareGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, I bought basically 400 PC games in Jewel Case:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8PZq2"><a href="//imgur.com/8PZq2"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

EDIT: Someone broke the Imgur code function on the forum. Incoming images:

zkFVijQ.jpg
fHdtQpN.jpg
JqVntHs.jpg
rfdiwXU.jpg
fPghDEg.jpg
SZaU4Zp.jpg

The rest: https://imgur.com/a/8PZq2

So for 131 dollars, did I get a good deal?

Cyb3rst0rms Retro Hardware Warzone: https://discord.gg/jK8uvR4c
I used to own over 160 graphics card, I've since recovered from graphics card addiction