VOGONS

First post, by wien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There are some issues with Dosbox running .bas files in QBASIC which was included MS-DOS 6.22.

For example when the SHELL command is used is in the .bas file. The QBASIC program doesn't return to DOS command prompt $P$G, but will give a hard error. It would be nice if this is fixed.

It would also be nice to resize the window of DOSBOX when runned in large screen resolutions.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 5, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

QBasic is a strange beast, even socket 7 Compaq Deskpro 2000 had a TSR fixup for it 😵

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.

Reply 2 of 5, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If you have the QBASIC from DOS 6.22, why not boot DOS 6.22 itself within DOSBox? Then you won't have any issues.

You can adjust the size of the DOSBox window by adjusting the relevant options in the configuration file.

Reply 3 of 5, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The SHELL command in QBasic works for me in 0.74 and SVN, both as an immediate command and in BASIC code.

Do a SET command at the prompt and make sure COMSPEC=Z:\COMMAND.COM is listed. That environment variable is set by default, so you'd have to do something to mess it up, but in any case it must be correct for shelling to work.

What is the exact error message you get?

Reply 4 of 5, by wien

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It is indeed fixed in DOSBox version 0.74 Win32 installer when used in Windows 10 64-bit Redstone 3 build. I think the COMSPEC environment was not listed in the version I used in an older Windows 10 build.

So this topic can be closed.

Reply 5 of 5, by mib

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello , sorry may be it is not the right topic , but anyone can tell me if it is possible to resize a ms-dos program , to have more lines on the screen , in windows 98se ?
I try using the Properties , i think is a (PIF) file ,and change to 50 lines , even full screen ,but nothing append.
Maybe using a command line ?
I just want to have more lines inside a program that convert kawai q80 sequences to midi files.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks for everything