VOGONS

First post, by darkwarrior

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have just removed the awe64 and added soundblaster ct1600 to my 486, it seems to work fine, but nukem2 freezes right after starting new game and wolf3d freezes during gameplay first time it froze after 1 minute and the second time after 10.

I haven't installed the drivers yet, but I removed old drivers and their lines (including set blaster line) from autoexec.bat and config.sys, , it doesn't seem to matter since most games set up the sound automatically.

Since the sound and music plays just fine it's not a driver issue? I have set it to irq 7, if I do irq5 then cd drive doesn't work..

Reply 1 of 4, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What is the CD drive plugged in to? It's odd to see IRQ5 in use for a CDROM controller.

What drive is it? It could be an I/O port conflict, but there shouldn't be any reason either Doom or Duke3D would need to access it.
Maybe we should take a look at your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT files.

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 2 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This should be in Marvin. This forum is for old Windows games on modern systems, not old systems or old Operating Systems.
Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 4, by darkwarrior

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Turns out to work just fine now after I installed the driver? maybe that fixed it? Anyhow sound is only working in msdos not windows 3.11, like it did with awe 64 and the sgs2 I had previously, I removed old drivers of course. The setup program did ask for windows directory and it did copy applications over. Would be great If I could get this to work so I can play mp3s and chips challenge.