VOGONS

Tulip pc compact 2

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 70, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's awesome ! I'm currently fixing an EGA CRT as well (it's not the same problem at all, mine is just having green not working). Nice to see that people are still taking care of them. Mine also has fake amber and green modes ^^

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 61 of 70, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's awesome, and the fact you did it yourself only makes it more rewarding, or is that cause it didn't cost anything (also one of my favourite things in life)

Reply 64 of 70, by Planet-Dune

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know this is an old post but I am picking up this system next week. I take the battery is not a CR2032? Is it soldered on the board or socketed at least? I have a few systems that are literally dead because the battery is dead and it is socketed on the mainboard...

Reply 65 of 70, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's a few AA batteries in a holder. They are above the mainboard, and I have an AT Compact 3 (same design) motherboard that is damaged by leaking batteries...

ia41hacl.jpg

1982 to 2001

Reply 66 of 70, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Was that particular bracket mount standard for the battery compartment or was that a mod by somebody? Great design, though.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 67 of 70, by JvV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bjwil1991 wrote on 2020-07-03, 07:25:

Was that particular bracket mount standard for the battery compartment or was that a mod by somebody? Great design, though.

That bracket was standard design by Tulip.

Reply 68 of 70, by Savage 2000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cyrix200+ wrote on 2017-07-12, 12:28:

I recently acquired a complete Tulip pc compact 2. Tulip Computers was a computer builder from The Netherlands that was popular from 1984 to halfway though the nineties.

These are some great pictures! Are these also covered by the open content policy and available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International? I'm asking because the open content policy only seems to cover posts and attachments, but your photos are hosted on imgur and I want to reuse them.

Reply 69 of 70, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Savage 2000 wrote on 2020-08-07, 11:41:
Cyrix200+ wrote on 2017-07-12, 12:28:

I recently acquired a complete Tulip pc compact 2. Tulip Computers was a computer builder from The Netherlands that was popular from 1984 to halfway though the nineties.

These are some great pictures! Are these also covered by the open content policy and available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International? I'm asking because the open content policy only seems to cover posts and attachments, but your photos are hosted on imgur and I want to reuse them.

I consider them to be covered by the open content policy. They are available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International. You are free to reuse them.

I would appreciate it if you let me know what you are using them for 😀

1982 to 2001

Reply 70 of 70, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Page for your motherboard is here:
https://www.ultimateretro.net/en/motherboards/10356

bios dump and/or pictures will be welcome, if you happen to have a full manual, even better.