VOGONS

First post, by Nighthawk71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello all,

Next month I'm planning on getting into the Roland MT-32 scene. I've seen here last night that the Roland RA-50 does have MT-32 compatibility with a somewhat minor issue (lacks the all notes off function), when I saw this, I checked eBay and saw that there was a listing on eBay for close to $100, so I decided to grab it.

My question is, which MT-32 hardware does it use? I tried googling it but couldn't find any leads as to whether it uses the old or new MT-32 hardware.

Reply 1 of 2, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can refer to this post in the thread about Roland MT-32 compatible modules and further information on the RA-50: List of roland mt-32 compatible hardware?.
There are also links to two other threads that discuss the RA-50.
You can use SoftMPU to overcome the "all notes off" problem with your MT-32 compatible games.

Reply 2 of 2, by Nighthawk71

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for the response. And yeah, I should've asked this question in that thread, but was afraid of necro'ing the thread since the last posts were made in January of this year.

Also, I recently found out about SoftMPU fixing the RA-50's lack of all notes off in software. That's why I'm planning on getting the HardMPU once I'm ready to build/get a Win98SE machine.