VOGONS

First post, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Arhiman's Prophecy, a game which seems to run at ~320x240 (a resolution inexplicably, officially, and usably enumerated by my 4K laptop!), is a DirectDraw game which I'd love to upscale to something more legible. Here's the thing though: despite knowing it's a DirectDraw game via fruitlessly trying to get the game windowed using DxWnd, the game isn't hooking on dgVoodoo2's DLLs. I'm using WIP35.

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think the problem is

Re: Tech demos - general discussion

From Win8 and up, DDraw OLE initialization doesn't work with dgVoodoo by default, because MS modified the paths of their DX dlls to absolute one.
To get it to work, the only way (I tried it myself) was that UCyborg suggested: ran Regedit through ProcessHacker at TrustedInstaller level, and modified the needed entries containing ddraw.dll.
It's not something a user should do herself/himself manually, the best would be some tool (installer...) to do that. 😒

Reply 2 of 2, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
I think the problem is […]
Show full quote

I think the problem is

Re: Tech demos - general discussion

From Win8 and up, DDraw OLE initialization doesn't work with dgVoodoo by default, because MS modified the paths of their DX dlls to absolute one.
To get it to work, the only way (I tried it myself) was that UCyborg suggested: ran Regedit through ProcessHacker at TrustedInstaller level, and modified the needed entries containing ddraw.dll.
It's not something a user should do herself/himself manually, the best would be some tool (installer...) to do that. 😒

Following the linked instructions to the letter solved the problem - the game is now correctly hooking dgVoodoo2's DLLs!