Guess the game!!

Topic actions

Reply 1340 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
xjas wrote:

Sure looks like a Saturn game ... MegaMan X4?

Nah, it's a PC (DOS) title- kind of similar perhaps.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 1342 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Getting closer 😀 It's actually the final game in a series, and the earlier titles are a completely different style/subgenre (they're more well-known too).

Reply 1343 of 1640, by MrFlibble

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

No idea but it looks rather South Korean and it's not Zycl*nt....

It sorta reminds me of Iron Blood but it isn't.

DOS Games Archive | Free open source games | RGB Classic Games

Reply 1344 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, it *is* on Mobygames... and if the Game Browser wasn't broken, you could find it by its theme. So here's another screenshot, this time with a more useful clue for finding it. 😁

GϋҾϨϩ2.png
Filename
GϋҾϨϩ2.png
File size
27.56 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1345 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found it. Fox Ranger 3.

I'm gonna have to give this one a try, it looks like my kind of thing. 😀

I had the era exactly right when I was thinking Saturn BTW, I ended up going through every DOS platformer in 1996 & 1997 until I got it.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1346 of 1640, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

3w0Lqww.png

Yep, it's not exactly an original/unique game but quite well done if you like that sort of thing. Nice music too. (But ridiculously difficult, and no save/password system...)

Reply 1347 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Woohoo, I never get these! Let's see if any of you remember this one:

gamey001.png
Filename
gamey001.png
File size
3.74 KiB
Views
File license

I used to play the hell out of it. Great music too.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1348 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'll drop a hint to keep things moving. This was made by a demoscene group on the Falcon 030 and also released for DOS.

Reply 1349 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's another screenshot of a more typical map, featuring several elements of the game's namesake. And yeah, all the backdrops are ripped from animes.

gamey002.png
Filename
gamey002.png
File size
20.01 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1350 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No guesses even? I really didn't think this one was that obscure, it had a shareware release and even made it onto some coverdiscs which isn't bad for a demoscene game! It was released in 1994 & is on Pouet, Mobygames, and Demozoo so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Also, on further playing, I take back my comment about the music. Some of the tracks are pretty decent, but one or two are just hold-your-nose bad. 😜

Reply 1356 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

^^ No it wasn't, Leilei has an encyclopedia of obscure-ass DOS games in his head.

Reply 1359 of 1640, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm only guessing this 'cause I saw it on Mobygames and thought the name was hilarious - Creep Clash?