VOGONS

First post, by SammyFox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A neighbor of mine heard I loved old computer stuff and gave me his old scsi yamaha CDR100 4x cd burner and the scsi card it came with along with a sound blaster awe64 gold. All three work great especially the awe64 gold but I have a weird problem with the yamaha drive is that while it'll take normal CDs just fine, it'll stubbornly refuse to take in any sort of CD-Rs which is pretty funny considering it's a CD burner. I don't even want to burn anything, I just want to use my already burned CDs with my games and stuff. Does anyone know what I could do about this?

Also I noticed on my two CD caddies that there are two tabs on the bottom named A and B. what are those for?

Reply 1 of 2, by SammyFox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have made a few tests and I have noticed that while regular CDs in the caddy will start spinning right away in the drive, the CD-Rs barely budge aside from a few twitches before the caddy is ejected.

Reply 2 of 2, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Old CD-R drives usually are pretty fussy about the kind of CD-R discs they take. Try high-quality ones, perhaps Yamaha discs. It's also possible the drive won't take any discs that weren't burned on it.