VOGONS

Reply 1402 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
jolurove wrote:

Hello.. I would be interested in this! Just saw the thread. But I can't find who to contact to get in the list. Is it too late?

I believe it is too late. From my understanding, it is only open to those who contributed financially during the donation period (now closed), or made a technical contribution to the project.

Reply 1404 of 3172, by Synoptic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

Just a quick reminder ... deadline is in 4 days 😉
Currently I have 15 people who signalized interest, yet 8 who paid.
If we get the full 15 people, we can get a gold surface and a different colored soldermask for free (only thing missing compared to the series run would be the lack of hardplated gold connectors).

Thanks for the reminder. !

Reply 1405 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

12 instead of 10 people paid up already - which means:
https://youtu.be/HnzH15hwt48?t=21s

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 1407 of 3172, by wbc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote:

12 instead of 10 people paid up already - which means:
https://youtu.be/HnzH15hwt48?t=21s

🤣

PMed also, thanks for reminder 😀

--wbcbz7

Reply 1408 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good news everyone! Everyone paid, 14 prototypes will be produced 😀
I'll give you a heads up once the order has been sent out.

[Z?]

Reply 1409 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Great! So does this mean we'll get a gold surface and a different colored soldermask for free?
What color will you take? 😀

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 1411 of 3172, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

of course, we should take vogons purple 😀

EDIT: In case more people hop onboard of the prototype run and the boards getting cheaper, I will either use the excess money for additional features (maybe gold surface or blue soldermask, hardgold for connectors probably isn't in with a setup fee of 150€) if everyone agrees with that or you could get a refund or donate the money once again (as I'm earning virtually nothing from a financial standpoint).

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 1412 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Purple isn't offered and I'm kinda leaning towards spending the little excess per card on buying proper boxes for transport, rather than spending days salvaging the neighbours paper trash or building my own boxes.
Afterall proper transit is more important than the color of the PCB, which is still "kinda expensive" with each tester contributing ~5.20€

[Z?]

Reply 1413 of 3172, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

is the BOM above final ? or still a WIP ?

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 1414 of 3172, by Whiskey

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

matze79, I'm under the impression that this is a small run of the board prototype for the smart guys to test and work out the kinks (if any) with. At least I hope that's the case, as I donated to qualify for a card on the production run.

I stream retro games every wednesday here & I dump the recordings here

Reply 1415 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Whiskey wrote:

matze79, I'm under the impression that this is a small run of the board prototype for the smart guys to test and work out the kinks (if any) with. At least I hope that's the case, as I donated to qualify for a card on the production run.

That's correct; this is just a prototype run for additional experimentation and testing. The question was regarding the BOM, or bill-of-materials (a.k.a. parts list) necessary to assemble a board. It is my understanding that the list assembled above is for three boards, plus some extras. However the board may be revised between now and the final production run, which is tentatively scheduled for order next year (2018).

It may not be a bad idea for at least some of those participating in the prototype stage to assemble their own BOM independently, so that we can observe the effects of using different parts. I plan to do just that.

Reply 1416 of 3172, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

any chance anyone makes a farnell or rs-components BOM?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1417 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's happening (with a slight delay).

order.png
Filename
order.png
File size
147.11 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Order for 15 boards has been sent out.

[Z?]

Reply 1418 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
640K!enough wrote:

It may not be a bad idea for at least some of those participating in the prototype stage to assemble their own BOM independently, so that we can observe the effects of using different parts. I plan to do just that.

I like that 😀 Personally I intend to keep "hand holding" at a minimum for people participating in the prototype run, as a preparation for the full production run.

There's one error in the BOM, with a single capacitor having a value of 10nF, when it should be 100nF (don't recall which one, as I already fixed that in my documents and announced oversight that on both forums on which I maintain the project).

[Z?]

Reply 1419 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been doing a little more testing on my flash programming software, along with a salvaged guinea-pig 29LV160. I haven't added support for the "fast mode" supported by some variants to reduce programming time, but I can successfully write the contents of a ROM image to the chip and verify it. I mention this because, if we can manage to pick up enough of the chips, I will be doing more testing with a newer ROM module and a full 4 MiB bank, with the assistance of at least one other person on the prototype team. Not all of the boards are ready yet, but details and samples will be on the way, though there may be a slight delay, due to holiday shipping schedules.