VOGONS

First post, by Leoprime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Was playing GKCD with General MIDI out to my SC-55 on my retro K6-III+ 400 setup, but everytime I quit the game my mixsettings are set to a weird default with my line in set completely to the bottom. I have to reset my mixer settings in MIXERSET.EXE every time I play the game, but no other game I have does this. Anyway to prevent this?

Reply 1 of 4, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You could try to create a small batch file (like "sound.bat" or "vol.bat") and insert the mixerset command line in there with the relevant parameters.
Once you exit the game, just type in whatever you called your batch file.

You could also try a specific batch file for your game by inserting the game executable first and then the mixerset command line.
Once you exit the game, it can then run the mixerset command line automatically but, I'm not sure whether this will always work.
Back in the day, I used a "menu" program that enabled me to insert custom command lines for my games (menu items).

Reply 3 of 4, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does the 1.0B patch do the same thing? I just glanced at it and saw it was related to the SET command.
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/Pat … iesUpdates.html

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 4 of 4, by Leoprime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Before implementing this change I tried the patch and still had the same issue, so it doesn't fix it. I think the patch has something to do with the game's IRQ settings, which isn't related to the Mixer settings to my knowledge.