VOGONS

First post, by derek

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

I'm complete laic in terms of DosBox knowledge, but I really need to run this game -> http://www.instalki.pl/gry/download/logiczne/Kulki.html <- on Windows 7 64bit.

Please, don't propose any similar games, as it has to be that game (let's call it autismesque issue).

Thank in advance, kind people.

derek

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That is not a DOS game. DOSBox is for DOS games. Also, if that game has not been freewared you probably want to remove the link as "abandonware" games are not supported here.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 4, by CCLGamer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
derek wrote:

This game was always Freeware. Even back in 1995.

Anyway, the best way to get it running on 64-bit Windows systems is Virtual Machine with Linux installed and WINE running on Linux. Oh well.

Thanks for that Wine tip. I myself am in the final stages of installing the Daum SVN that had its latest update in 2015. It allows running Windows 98 Second Edition with full accelerated 3D graphics. I have been using Java DOSBox to assist in setting it up. So far, Windows 98 boots up and shuts down properly.

I have known about Wine since the nineties, but your comment inspired me to set up a Linux virtual machine with accelerated 3d graphics inside windows, and run wine inside it. Since Wine is not an emulation, it should run just as fast as Linux native programs in the virtual machine.