VOGONS

First post, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About a year ago, I put together a lot of work by Dominus and made a single build script for DOSBox SVN under macOS:

https://github.com/emendelson/OneStopDOSBoxOSX

I tried using it under High Sierra (with my existing build environment), and it produced this error from the make command:

Making all in serialport nullmodem.cpp:151:21: error: ordered comparison between pointer and zero ('TCPClientSocket *' and […]
Show full quote

Making all in serialport
nullmodem.cpp:151:21: error: ordered comparison between pointer and zero
('TCPClientSocket *' and 'int')
setCD(clientsocket > 0); // CD on if connection established
~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^ ~
1 error generated.
make[4]: *** [nullmodem.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
-e **Error** line #597 : make failed.

Is this error the result of my ignorance (very likely), or has something changed in SVN that would cause this problem in macOS?

Any insights gratefully received.

Reply 1 of 4, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Fussy compiler, I guess. Maybe it will like this instead: setCD(clientsocket != 0);

Edit: thinking about it, the compiler has a point, and my suggestion makes better sense.

Reply 2 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Curios, I've built current source correctly but then My target might be different

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 4, by emendelson

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Dominus - It's very curious. I'm using the "build static-linked DOSBox" part of my script - and it's entirely based on your suggestions...!

@ripsaw8080 - Your suggested edit fixes the problem (and at least I guessed in a vague way that something like that would fix it, but didn't know enough to put into effect). Thank you!

Reply 4 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Sounds a bit like the opengl extension "fix", which sparked a patch to reverse it..
https://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/4007
Compilers don't always seem to agree, but the fix seems fine to me.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!