VOGONS

First post, by Nowhere Girl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm playing "Curse of Enchantia" through DOSBox/D-Fend Reloaded. I am at that strange area where there are piles of different objects (socks, cassettes...), a band is playing, there is a shipwreck... A while before I managed to get the bag of marbles on a cloud. (It was hard to figure out how does the protagonist move, how does the wind move him and when will he fall down and when he won't, so it included a lot of restoring to make it quicker. A few times I got a game-internal meesage "Out of memory" and the game just closed down, but I have no idea whether it can have anything to do with the current bug. Just mentioning in case...) Then there is a scene when a door suddenly appears out of nowhere in front of the dinosaur skeleton - and when I enter this door, the game just freezes. The music suddenly stops, the game window becomes all black and the game doesn't progress. Ctrl-F10 (the D-Fend Reloaded combination for locking/unlocking mouse to game window) doesn't unlock the cursor, which is another proof that the game doesn't work. When I click a mouse button, the game window becomes unresponsive (however, the cursor unlocks at this point) and I have to manually close it down.
What should I do? To be honest, I don't like this game very much. Its strange interface is somewhat irritating. But I love its graphics and I want to complete the game at least just once and have the screenshots from the whole game. Now it seems I have completed about 2/3 of the game, but screenshots from the final 1/3 are inaccessible to me because I don't know what to do with that bug...
Could replaying the game from the beginning be helpful?

Reply 1 of 1, by Nowhere Girl

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just letting you know: I replayed the game with minimal saving and reloading and, unfortunately, I'm stuck at the same point. 🙁

OK, the topic is not needed anymore. Following advice from a Polish forum, I used a different version and voila! - the bug didn't appear and, strange thing, this version has more graphic details such as flames from torches, smoke from chimneys, ripples on water etc.