Rank

hi iam looking for this cable any links thanks
and also a sli cable

Reply 1 of 7, by clueless1

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ebay and google are your friends. just type those search terms in and you should be able to find them yourself.

edit: also, for the pass-through cable, any VGA extension cable will work (male one end, female other end). They are usually less expensive than one of the really short pass-throughs that are sold as "pass-through" cables. If you don't mind coiling it and zip-tying it, you can save some money going this route.

The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don't know.
OPL3 FM vs. Roland MT-32 vs. General MIDI DOS Game Comparison
Let's benchmark our systems with cache disabled
DOS PCI Graphics Card Benchmarks

Reply 2 of 7, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

... or (complementing on the pass-through cable) instead of a VGA extension cable if you prefer something shorter get a VGA splitter and only connect 2/3 ends -but don't cut the extra one

Untitled.png
Filename
Untitled.png
File size
25.35 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 7, by slivercr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
konc wrote:

... or (complementing on the pass-through cable) instead of a VGA extension cable if you prefer something shorter get a VGA splitter and only connect 2/3 ends -but don't cut the extra one

Untitled.png

+1 for splitter: I've also done this and it works ok.

Outrigger: an ongoing adventure with the OR840
QuForce FX 5800: turn your Quadro into a GeForce

Reply 5 of 7, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
scroeffie wrote:

does this splitter cable work ?

No I just posted it here to trick you into buying one 🤣 Of course it does, I mentioned it because it's shorter and dirt cheap

Reply 6 of 7, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you're doing this for a 3dfx card to passthrough 2D, its worth mentioning that your 2D graphics (desktop, non-3d accelerated games, etc.) will have reduced image quality no matter what you use for the pass through. The best way to avoid this is with a cheap VGA switch or a monitor that has dual inputs. You just have to switch inputs whenever 3D mode is enabled. A little more work but your 2D image quality will be significantly better. You could technically even incorporate a VGA monitor switch AND a pass through cable for a monitor with two inputs (or use a second switch) if you want to be able to switch between clear 2D images and automatic switching between 3D\2D cards (makes it easier for games that require switching between 2D and 3D frequently).

For example, if your monitor has dual VGA inputs:

2D out --> VGA Switch In
VGA Switch Out 1 ---> Monitor Input 1
VGA Switch Out 2 ---> 2D input on 3dfx card
3D out ---> Monitor Input 2

I think most passive (non powered) VGA switches will let you use them either way (two inputs to one output or one input to two outputs). You may even be able to use a splitter cable from the 2D card (then you only need one switch and one monitor input) as long as it has the correct ends but it would probably degrade image quality as well... I haven't tried this myself.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.