VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RetroGamingNovice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So, for my first shot at terra cotta (well, the air-dry variant but still) today, I whipped out a bit of LoZ fanart, and the design is abstract in nature with a hollowed-out Triforce integrated into it. It's drying atm, but it should be painted and clearcoated (as it's terra cotta, I want to show off a bit of the clay's natural color, so once the parts I want painted are painted, the whole thing will then be sealed off with a coat of outdoor modpodge) in a couple days at the max.

untitled_by_dfx4509b-dbyd8ix.jpg

PC hardware: Ryzen 5 4500, 32GB RAM, 1TB SN 570 Linux drive, 500GB 970 EVO Plus Windows drive, 2TB 970 EVO Plus games drive, 1TB 870 EVO extra storage drive, RX 6600 GPU, EndeavourOS/Win10 dual-boot

Reply 1 of 3, by RetroGamingNovice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here's the finished product for that, after painting the areas I specifically wanted colored with an acrylic wash, as I wasn't trying for opacity here, and then running over it with a coat of outdoor modpodge for a clearcoat to seal it.

My_first_terra_cotta_piece.jpg

PC hardware: Ryzen 5 4500, 32GB RAM, 1TB SN 570 Linux drive, 500GB 970 EVO Plus Windows drive, 2TB 970 EVO Plus games drive, 1TB 870 EVO extra storage drive, RX 6600 GPU, EndeavourOS/Win10 dual-boot

Reply 2 of 3, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Nice, but what is LoZ?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 3 of 3, by RetroGamingNovice

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Legend of Zelda.