Topic actions

First post, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Post avatars you've made or make for this site

The maximum requirements are 120x120 64kb

I have seen threads for retro/home made wallpapers but none for avatars. Recently I had a lot of fun trying to fit an entire video into an animated gif that was only 64kb for my avatar and it presented some challenges that were fun to figure out. It's interesting to have such a limit on size and see how much information can be compressed into it.

I also thought it may be interesting to see other methods for getting more information into 64kb.

Or , if anyone is interested in a new or different or custom avatar , the more artistic among us can make some for fun

Reply 2 of 6, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm not creative enough to join in but I like the idea. Kind of like the demo scene squeezing as much as possible out of a strict limitation

Reply 3 of 6, by emosun

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

dym4gx_th.gif292aa2e_th.jpg15x4n6q_th.gif14tc5yu_th.gif

Here's a few I made today

One method I'm using to save space is limiting movement to a small area within the image. This allows the image to be 120x120 resolution but still contain some smooth movement and sometimes color.

For example , this gif can have a higher frame rate and less compression if I reduce the size of the animated area.

j0fqkx.jpgn1e62u_th.gif

So sticking things into computer screens seems to work and be topical as well. 🤣

Reply 5 of 6, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mine's just a shitty screencap of the only anthropmorphic dragon model I could find for Unreal 1 (it's actually from the UT99 version of Unreal4Ever)

The only thing special about it on VOGONS is that it's saved using "web safe" colours.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 6 of 6, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

My avatar is a picture I took, of a oil on canvas painting, that I did my self.
The painting is up on the wall in my living room.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011