VOGONS

First post, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have AWE64 Value and I can't force DOS 7.1, I planned 6.22 but my original installer doesn't work anymore. How to install drivers and how? I've got message everything went well but files show load failed. I decided to install DOS because on win98 Voodoo shows graphical glitches and in DOS works well. Any suggestions please, this PC is starting to hurt my patience.

Reply 1 of 13, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
haker120 wrote:

I've got message everything went well but files show load failed.

Do a step-by-step confirmation boot and show the device driver names and any resulting output when things try to load. Also, it's a PnP card, so you may need to install a DOS PnP manager (like Creative's CTCM/CTCU) to be able to configure the IRQ, I/O, and DMA settings.

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 3 of 13, by AlaricD

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

"Those files don't load at all" doesn't tell me as much as I'd like. Is it because of a "bad command or filename" or similar? F8, step-by-step confirmation should step you through CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT Need to see the path and filename, and the resulting output from that boot.

If it's when you "Restart in MS-DOS Mode" from Win9x, I'm not sure if F8 also works at that time, it's been a while since I've run Win9x.

"The Big Bang. The ultimate hero of low frequency. The divine intergalactical bass drum connecting the tribes of our solar system."
Yello
"Solar Driftwood"

Reply 5 of 13, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

1. Tell us exactly which drivers you are installing (filename, where they are from)
2. Show us the error message (post a screenshot)
3. Be less ambiguous, since currently your posts are contradicting (your second post makes no sense if you are running pure DOS)

And tell us about the hardware. What system? Does it have a Plug&Play BIOS? Post/attach your CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT.

Reply 6 of 13, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have progress, I've installed DOS 6.22 successfully. Drivers I've got from here http://support.creative.com/Downloads/welcome.aspx and I have sounds in games but I don't have music but I don't get red error saying that AWE32 wasn't detected. My system:
Processor: Pentium 200MMX
Mobo: ASUS TX97 - XE
Graphic 2D: S3 Trio 64 V+ 4MB
Graphic 3D: Voodoo Graphics 4MB
RAM: 128MB RAM
Sound: SoundBlaster AWE64 CT4500

Edit: Ok, everything works now, I even learned how to set up games but one thing is weird but I'll start new topic with it. Thanks for help!

Reply 7 of 13, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have the AWE64 Value original driver CD uploaded to my Google Drive, you can find it here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzmT2 … MEtRSVBtdlZyODA It has the DOS drivers.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 10 of 13, by Phreeze

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

no need to upload it, as creative website and vogons drivers have them all 😉 there were different isos bundled with the cards, but others should of course work too

ArGUS Parts list: http://bit.ly/2Ddf89V

Reply 11 of 13, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Phreeze wrote:

no need to upload it, as creative website and vogons drivers have them all 😉 there were different isos bundled with the cards, but others should of course work too

Vogonsdrivers only has the gold iso not that I know the differences.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 12 of 13, by haker120

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

How did I fix it? Simply, I managed to install MS-DOS from CD (my original 3 diskettes are not fully working) and drivers from here, ISO just installed from Win3.11, in DOS drivers didn't want to install so I had to install win3.11 too. Just simple as that. I really appreciate help but while I'm waitimg for respond, I always try to fix it by myself,
Generaly MS-DOS 7.1 is not good for gaming, better works DOS mode in win98SE but I had to try to know that. 🤣

Reply 13 of 13, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

MS-DOS 7.1 CDs aren't real (or any other separate distribution). Only trust "DOS 7" as shipped with Windows 9x installations. You'll save so much trouble from avoiding secondhand alleged "rare version ms dos abandonware", who knows what cruft could be lurking within them.

apsosig.png
long live PCem