VOGONS

First post, by ModiTorsen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone know of software to create a virtual cd drive in windows 3.1?

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ask in Marvin. This is for Windows games on modern systems. Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 7, by Cyberdyne

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nope! Windows 3.1 uses DOS for CD-ROM access. There are many DOS programs for that.

I am aroused about any X86 motherboard that has full functional ISA slot. I think i have problem. Not really into that original (Turbo) XT,286,386 and CGA/EGA stuff. So just a DOS nut.
PS. If I upload RAR, it is a 16-bit DOS RAR Version 2.50.

Reply 4 of 7, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cyberdyne wrote:

Nope! Windows 3.1 uses DOS for CD-ROM access. There are many DOS programs for that.

What's a good one for DOS? I ripped a couple cd's not too long ago to send my brother of games I would like to play now, but that stuff is still in storage since I just moved. I didn't know they existed prior to 9x.

I wonder if I could mount and play a huge game like phantasmagoria right over my home network, it works on my 9x box. After installing full daggerfull on my 486 I don't have much room left 😒

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?

Reply 5 of 7, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you have hard drive space, you could dump the CD's contents to a folder and use subst

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 6 of 7, by BeginnerGuy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
oeuvre wrote:

If you have hard drive space, you could dump the CD's contents to a folder and use subst

I do this regularly, but some games require no cd cracks that can get quite elaborate. Would be much easier if I could just mount them straight from DOS

Sup. I like computers. Are you a computer?