VOGONS

First post, by semodo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am not sure if it is possible, but could Dege increase the amount of VRAM for the virtual ATI Radeon 8500 in his future updates?
256mb is very small.
Thank you

Reply 2 of 4, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Those predefined memory size values were chosen to match that of real ATI Radeon 8500's, but you can type any value you want, for each video card types.

256 MB doesn't seem to be too small for old games except if you use extra large resolutions (set in the game, not forced through the CPL).

But, there is a problematic thing with it all that I must admit: dgVoodoo lowers the available video memory according to the current resolution (including plain desktop, as it'd happen with a real rig) but if someone has a monitor with large resolution (like 2560x1440, or 4K) then games can easily run out of 64MB and 128MB and such. I'm going to address it somehow, for example by maximizing the desktop resolution taken into account, to e.g. 1280x1024.

(Unfortunately I had to put dgVoodoo aside for a while, again.)

Reply 3 of 4, by semodo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Those predefined memory size values were chosen to match that of real ATI Radeon 8500's, but you can type any value you want, for each video card types.

Thank you for pointing it out! I haven't notice I could type a value myself.

One more question tho. Which memory are using virtual cards? VRAM of real card or general RAM by chance?
Thank you.